Author Topic: German ancestors of the Rosenhain family  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Searcher from Oz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Michael Callan circa 1869 - my Great Grandfather
    • View Profile
German ancestors of the Rosenhain family
« on: Friday 30 July 10 03:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm new to this so I need all the help I can get - please be gentle with me!

I am looking for any information about the German ancestors of the Rosenhain family who sailed from Bremen on 9th December,1849, to Adelaide, South Auatralia aboard the SS Pauline.

Sailing were Carl Ferdinand Rosenhain, Maria Rosenhain and Sophia Rosenhain. The family were believed to be from Liepzig. Both Carl and his father Johan were Locksmiths and Jewellers.

Any help would be wonderful please.

I also have this info about a Rosenhain family but nothing after 1648 or before 1450 I can only assume they are part of my Rosenhain family as the spelling is correct. I have only found this spelling in the region of Ortsfamilienbuch Memelland.
Does anyone have any ideas please? Where did they go??

Mathew ROSENHAIN (b: c 1450 d: 1517) married Barbara NADEL WITZ - Death: 1507 or 1517 , both of Germany.

Together they had 2 sons -
1. Victorinus Rosenhain. (b: c 1478 Death: 1532 Bautzen) He married Anna N.N and had a son.

2. Anton Rosenhain (Born : 1510 Görlitz - Death: 22 MAR 1572 Bautzen) m: Ursula PIPE SCHEID.
son,
1.Jerome Rosenhain Born : 25 FEB 1548. Jerome married - Anna LIEHSE ABT 1580.

Jerome and Anna's son,
Anton Rosenhain, ( Born : 25 MAR 1582 - Death: 17 DEC 1646) m: Martha Fieck ABT 1635. She died 1646. One daughter only found, 1 Dec 1642 - Friederike Dorothea Rosenhain, Bautzen. Died 2 SEP 1716 Zittau.

Friederike Dorothea Rosenhain m: 14 JAN 1658 - Throw Johann Christian V. EHRENPREISSBERG d: 1663 and then 2nd husband, -
Christian Vollhardt m: 5 OCT 1666 ( Born: 1 DEC 1614 Jena and Death: 18 JAN 1690 -Bautzen ).
One child --21 FEB 1670 - Christiane Eusebi Vollhardt .
Callan in Ireland and London: Clarn in London: Carroll in Ireland and London: Callahan in London: Goller in Ireland and London: Comben in the UK (Dorset): Attwooll in Dorset: Sansom in Dorset:  Goble in Kent; Gibbs in Dorset: Rosenhain in Germany: Dau in Germany and Australia: Bahls in Germany and Australia: Hildebrandt in Germany and Australia: Levin in Obernitzischka, near Leipzig in Germany