Author Topic: Auld family farmers  (Read 7340 times)

Offline missmilly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Auld family farmers
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 17 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello alan14578.
Thank you so much for your information. I do know of this death, it was my uncle David Auld.
He was the first one of my new found relatives that I met when I started my family search, he was my late fathers youngest brother. David lived in Macmerry and we have been up to Scotland to visit him as often as possible. I also have met up with uncles Tom and George and Aunties Margaret and Betty plus six cousins. I have visited my grandmothers grave and have found the memorial grave of my great grandparents and their two sons killed in ww1.
For the record, David Auld is now rests in Gladsmuir cemetary
Thanks to Rootschat and kind folk like yourself I now know a lot more of my family history.
Thank you again for your post
Kind regards
Miss milly
Breeds , Knight  , Richardson, Harman ,Auld ,  Johnstone,  Denholm, Young, Leitch, Bell,  Gylear,  Bruce,  Dodds,  Mckenzie,  Smith, Hall .

Hastings, Scotland

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auld family farmers
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 February 17 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Miss Milly, glad you managed to get your family history sorted out. I was interested in Gladsmuir as i have my Turnbull tree and bible starting in 1841 at Gladsmuir when they/got married.However the first census in 1841 showed he was born in Caithnessshire Wick and over the past 30yrs i have never found his birth certificate so i cant get beyond it.I think i found the family who were local at Haddington got married  at Leith had chidren there then Caithness and later back at Haddington but without proof its only guessing.
Was you family originally from Gladsmuir?
cheers

alan
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders