Author Topic: Davies Swansea  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Davies Swansea
« on: Monday 24 May 04 18:19 BST (UK) »
Silly to even try with these Davies' but here goes!

I have 3 different sets of Davies so if you have others in the area let me know and I will take a look at my database to see if I can connect with yours.

I am interested in finding information out on my maternal Grandmother's Davies family. Now her parents were both Davies one (her mother) from Berwick nr Loughor Swansea just over the Estuary near a place now called Bynea. Then her fathers family of Davies in Swansea.

I do not know much about these Davies as there was a family rift in the 1940's as my grandmother married my grandfather (not a wealthy man!) My Grandmother is still alive but will not speak of her family at all. So the journey is mine alone to make!......that is of course if you wish to join in!!!

Richard Davies (oh yes lots of them!) I do not know when he was born but I know he owned a coal suppliers in Swansea, he was a fluent Welsh speaker and did not converse much in English. He lived in Lisborn (Treboeth) Swansea in the 1920's - to at least 1950. after that I believe he lived on Manselton Rd with his son Iori Davies, Iori took over the coal business until his death. I do not know when he died or anything else about him apart from his wife was German and a lovely woman. My Grandmother was the youngest of the children, Annie Gwendolen Davies c.1923 she also had another brother who was the eldest and named " Talfryn Davies" he was born about 1917 and died quite young (in his 30's) in London England.

Richard Davies wife died in her 40's of mental health problems I think she died prior to my Grandmother marrying my Grandfather Cambell Taylor in 1940. Richard died between 1969 - 1972.

I also have another set of Davies in the Fforestfach area of Swansea related to the surname Farr.

Any takers!? ;D