Author Topic: Trinidad: Joseph  (Read 2675 times)

Offline chrissieskeats

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trinidad: Joseph
« on: Monday 02 August 10 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace my Joseph line back a little further and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? I know that my 5 x Great Grandmother, Elizabeth Joseph, was Born and Baptized in 1816 in Trinidad. Her parents were Jacob and Agnes Joseph. Jacob was a Flag Sergeant of the Royal York Rangers, according to Elizabeth's birth certificate.

I know that Agnes and Elizabeth were in England in 1825, as Agnes remarried William Perry, a shoemaker. She was listed as a Widow on her marriage record. However, I cannot locate a death record for Jacob Joseph. Agnes passed away in 1844, in St George The Martyr, Southwark. I have found her on the 1841 England census, but I cannot make out where she was from. She was either Scottish or from 'foreign parts', but the letter is difficult to work out........Ancestry have transcribed it as Scotland, but I have doubts.

I have also been unable to find any marriage record, but as I don't know where they were from, it is very tricky   ??? I thought it strange that Agnes was in Trinidad, as I didn't think wifes went on military campaigns during that era. So, I have a feeling that they may have met locally....any ideas guys?

Any help greatly appreciated?!?!?!?!?

Thanks

Chrissie  :D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline keishajoseph

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad: Joseph
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 23:27 BST (UK) »
HI CHRIISIE! I AM UR COUSIN KEISHA JOSEPH. mY GRANDFATHER NAME IS NORMAN JOSEPH. HIS MOTHER IS ESTER JOSEPH AND GRANDFATHER ALEXANDER JOSEPH! WE NEED TO CATCH UP AND COMPARE NOTES CAUSE IA M LOOKING FOR OUR HISTORY AS WELL. MY NUMBER IS 323-328-2526, LOOKING FORWARD FROM HEARING FROM U

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DaisyStanley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad: Joseph
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 18 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrissie!
i have been researching my family tree and found out that my 5x great-grandma is Elizabeth Joseph as well  :) do you have any more info on her family or life? thanks

Daisy S :)