Author Topic: Trinidad: Joseph  (Read 3010 times)

Offline chrissieskeats

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trinidad: Joseph
« on: Monday 02 August 10 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace my Joseph line back a little further and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? I know that my 5 x Great Grandmother, Elizabeth Joseph, was Born and Baptized in 1816 in Trinidad. Her parents were Jacob and Agnes Joseph. Jacob was a Flag Sergeant of the Royal York Rangers, according to Elizabeth's birth certificate.

I know that Agnes and Elizabeth were in England in 1825, as Agnes remarried William Perry, a shoemaker. She was listed as a Widow on her marriage record. However, I cannot locate a death record for Jacob Joseph. Agnes passed away in 1844, in St George The Martyr, Southwark. I have found her on the 1841 England census, but I cannot make out where she was from. She was either Scottish or from 'foreign parts', but the letter is difficult to work out........Ancestry have transcribed it as Scotland, but I have doubts.

I have also been unable to find any marriage record, but as I don't know where they were from, it is very tricky   ??? I thought it strange that Agnes was in Trinidad, as I didn't think wifes went on military campaigns during that era. So, I have a feeling that they may have met locally....any ideas guys?

Any help greatly appreciated?!?!?!?!?

Thanks

Chrissie  :D

Offline keishajoseph

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad: Joseph
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 23:27 BST (UK) »
HI CHRIISIE! I AM UR COUSIN KEISHA JOSEPH. mY GRANDFATHER NAME IS NORMAN JOSEPH. HIS MOTHER IS ESTER JOSEPH AND GRANDFATHER ALEXANDER JOSEPH! WE NEED TO CATCH UP AND COMPARE NOTES CAUSE IA M LOOKING FOR OUR HISTORY AS WELL. MY NUMBER IS 323-328-2526, LOOKING FORWARD FROM HEARING FROM U

Offline DaisyStanley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad: Joseph
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 18 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrissie!
i have been researching my family tree and found out that my 5x great-grandma is Elizabeth Joseph as well  :) do you have any more info on her family or life? thanks

Daisy S :)