Author Topic: Edith Lillie Doble (nee Knott) and Robert Doble  (Read 1093 times)

Offline chandoble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edith Lillie Doble (nee Knott) and Robert Doble
« on: Saturday 02 April 05 07:14 BST (UK) »
In 1925 to 1941, Reverend Robert Doble (born 1883) was the joint principal and later the Principal at the Village, Great Chesterford at the Great Chesterford College which was a coaching establishment.  The College, assisted by experienced resident tutors, received pupils from the UK and overseas for individual tuition for University and other examinations.

Robert Doble's wife at the time I understand was Edith Lillie Doble (nee Knott) who was born in 1894 in Abingdon.   I understood that Edith died in 1948 but have been unable to find this out for sure.

However I have now received information to say that Robert had married a Constance Harriet Pinney in 1940!

Given this I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on either Robert or Edith still being married before Robert apparently went to work in Hathern Lestershire in 1945.

Of course any information would be appreciated about anything to do with Robert Doble.

Many thanks - Beverley