Author Topic: MacPherson  (Read 12348 times)

Offline LCR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MacPherson
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 August 10 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi moerangi
Thanks for the email. yes im living in the Bay of Plenty I do note there is a private message facility although "New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility."

I am looking forward to emailing and talking to you. and sharing information together.

Did you attend the macpherson reunion several years ago at rotorua

as soon as i have done more postings i will give you my email / phone etc

Cheers  LCR

Offline Moerangi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 August 10 22:28 BST (UK) »
Sounds great   I have a feeling we might be related more closely and will look forward to further contact.

Regards   Moerangi

Offline LCR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 August 10 06:29 BST (UK) »
cheers Moerangi

looking forward to hearing from you 2

Offline ajc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 March 11 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, This is the first time I have used rootschat.  I found old chat messages which mention John MacPherson.  I am a great grandchild of John MacPherson and Jane.  Was hoping to get a bit more information.  I live in Tauranga and noticed that you lived in the Bay of Plenty.  Would love to see photos if you have them.  Perhaps I have information that might be useful to you.  Look forward to your reply.

Offline Te Tarata

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 December 16 23:30 GMT (UK) »
with greetings from Christchurch to Moerangi, LCR and AJC.

I am researching a circa 1879 photograph in the collection of National Library of NZ, titled 'Portrait of John MacPherson's two daughters'

Through research I have identified the girls as sisters, daughters of John Drummond Macpherson (1833-1887) and Miriana Te Oha (or Mariana Macpherson) (1852-1931). There are two other photographs of the sisters, taken in 1879 with their Macpherson cousins in Christchurch - the three photos can be seen at
https://canterburyphotography.blogspot.co.nz/2008/09/nelson-k-cherrill-christchurch.html

I have information that I would be pleased to share about these families and do hope (with your help) to be able to identify the two sisters, who are either:
Jane [Heni Tuia] and Elizabeth Macpherson
OR
Elizabeth and Christina Macpherson

It would be excellent if you were able to make contact. Please email Ken, care of email address found at:
https://christchurchartgallery.org.nz/about/contact

Offline jennifer71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 May 17 07:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am the great great granddaughter of John MacPherson and Mariana MacPherson, their son John Koa MacPherson (my great grandfather) is Christina Macpherson's brother.
I did find a newspaper clipping from papers past, Bay of Plenty Times, Volume XV, Issue 2280, 14 May 1888, where Christina Macpherson is applying for a publicans accomadation for a house in Matata, called the Horse Shoe Inn.
Matata is where John resided before he died in 1887.

jennifer71

Offline Andrea1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 May 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am descended from Isabella Mcpherson, the daughter of Jane Drumond and John Mcpherson (married 08/09/1828 Campbeltown). Ambly has listed the 1841 census but Isabella is not showing, can anyone help with where she is then please ?. The previous posts are very interesting , I wasn't aware John Mcpherson was an excise man, and wondered why he moved from Campbeltown to Greenock but I suppose he would have moved with the job.
I would be grateful for any further info on Jane and John, there is a birth listed on the index on Scotlands people for Jane Drummond  B 16/11/1800 Methven Perth(father listed as James) but not sure if this is her or not

Thanks

Andrea

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 May 17 18:29 BST (UK) »
She doesn't appear on the SP Index either.

Quite possibly just missed?

Had a look at others & don't see her with Drummond g/parents but I haven't done an extensive search, I only looked at freecen.org.uk

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Andrea1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 22 May 17 18:01 BST (UK) »
thank you for looking Annie

Andrea