Author Topic: The Wolfenden family of Lambeg  (Read 12636 times)

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Wolfenden family of Lambeg
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 June 11 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Becoe

I see you have Courtney's in Ballemena and I think mine came from that area, could we see if we have a connection or help each other please?

Your PM is too full and you may not be able to receive any more PM's, you will have to delete some.

Kind regards

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 June 11 16:59 BST (UK) »
As I explained earlier- new members usually need 3 posts to use PM system. Becoe has only made 1 post so far.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline SJ Bann

• RootsChat Extra
  • BANN - COSTLEY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 April 16 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for any information on a Mary Wolfendon/Wolfington who married a John Titterington. They had at least one son, called Edward (born circa 1840 +/- 10 yrs). They lived in N.Ireland.

Kind regards,

Sarah
1) Bann - Titterington - Trimble - English
(Wolfington - Collins)

2) Costley - Bell - Walker - Carson

3) Lucey - Dineen - Creedon/Creedan - Casey

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 April 16 06:02 BST (UK) »
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 April 16 09:22 BST (UK) »
Connected ?

Kenny, Wolfenden,formerly of Mountmellick,co Laois,Chadwell Station,Blackwall,London,England.
Copy of grant of letters of administration 1870.
Principal Registry.

Ref  T/666   Public Record office of Ireland
just enter name Wolfenden
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/

edited to add
died 1857
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchives.ie/reels/cwa/005014889/005014889_00157.pdf

Robert Wolfenden Kenny
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchives.ie/reels/cwa/005014898/005014898_00248.pdf

Offline pgarch7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 August 16 04:45 BST (UK) »
 I am a descendant of Edward  Wolfenden who migrated  from Belfast to New Zealand  in the early 1900's.  He is my great grandfather. Edward was born  in 1883 to Robert Wolfenden  (died 1887?) and Mary (n Watson). Family records indicate that they were in the linen trade and that  Robert  three sisters who migrated to the USA.

Going through family records a Mr William Wolfenden corresponded to my  Edward in 1927  William was noted to be the propietor  of the Duke of Gordon Hotel Kingussie Inverness-shire. The uncertainty of the relationship is noted.

Online gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 August 16 08:04 BST (UK) »

... Going through family records a Mr William Wolfenden corresponded to my  Edward in 1927  William was noted to be the propietor  of the Duke of Gordon Hotel Kingussie Inverness-shire. The uncertainty of the relationship is noted ...

The parents of Robert Wolfenden who married Mary Watson in Keady 1st Presbyterian Church in 1881 were Thomas Wolfenden and Ann Jane Lewis who got married in Belfast in 1851, Thomas was a 21 year old bleacher at that time (his father Thomas was given as a blanket manufacturer), Thomas and Ann Jane and family then seemed to be County Antrim based (eg. lived in Moorfields for a while).

The parents of William Wolfenden who owned the Duke of Gordon Hotel, Kingussie were John Wolfenden and Mary Anne Corner who got married in Magheralin in 1860, John was a 28 year old farmer at that time (his father Edward was given as a farmer), John and Mary Anne and family then seemed to be Counties Down / Armagh based (eg. lived in Taughrane and Lurgan for a while).  I suspect any connection between William Wolfenden and Robert Wolfenden lies further back.

Online gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 August 16 08:20 BST (UK) »

... Family records indicate that they were in the linen trade and that  Robert  three sisters who migrated to the USA ...

A couple of other sons born to the couple as well, Hubert Watson Wolfenden in 1885, George Wolfenden in 1886.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 August 16 09:30 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Edward  Wolfenden who migrated  from Belfast to New Zealand  in the early 1900's.  He is my great grandfather. Edward was born  in 1883 to Robert Wolfenden  (died 1887?) and Mary (n Watson). Family records indicate that they were in the linen trade and that  Robert  three sisters who migrated to the USA.

There is an Edward Wolfenden the right age in 1901 census- grocers assistant, age 17, born Co. Armagh:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Cromac/Prospect_Street/970896
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!