Author Topic: Help with Ashcroft  (Read 2103 times)

Offline littleem1906

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great great grandma Seaward
    • View Profile
Help with Ashcroft
« on: Thursday 05 August 10 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am tracing the ancestors of my great grandmother MARY ASHCROFT (1919 - 2009). Her father was ERNEST ASHCROFT (1888 - 1974) born in Oldbury. He married NANCY WIMBUSH and had 2 children MARY (as mentioned above) and THOMAS (1915 - ?).

I know that Ernest married again to a MARY WILLIS when his first wife Nancy died and had a daughter known as Nellie. The family do not know what happened to Ernest, his wife or daughter after this. Can anyone help?

My family also doesn't know what happened to Ernest's son Thomas as he was separated from his sister as a child. He continued living with Ernest and his new wife Mary, whilst his sister (my great grandmother) lived with her mother's mother. All I know about Thomas is that he was known as Tommy, he married a woman called EDITH GARDENER and had a daughter called Patricia (could be Edith Patricia). I would love to know what happened to him and his family can anyone help?

I would also like to trace the history of Ernest Ashcroft's siblings. Ernest was 1 of 14 children that I know of. His parents were WILLIAM ASHCROFT (1855 - 1919) and JANE (possibly MORGAN) (1857 - ?). They were both born in Bewdley, Worcestershire and had the following children (all born in Oldbury);

1) CAROLINE (1878 - ?)
married Arthur C Young and had a child, Vincent (1900 - ?)

2) MARY JANE (1879 - ?)
married ALFRED WILKES and had a child, Myra (1902-?)

3) GEORGE (1881 - ?)
married LILY WILKES (possible sister of Alfred Wilkes?) and had 2 children, Alfred A (1906-1973) and George (1818 - 1818)

4) WILLIAM (1883 - ?) possible middle name LAWSON
married JEMIMA BEARD and had 2 children, William (1903 - ?) and John T (1906 - 1921)

5) THOMAS (1886 - 1924)
married FANNY AYLETT and had 5 children, Samuel (1908-1911), Polly (1910-1911), John T (1914-1997), Albert (1915-1915) and Alfred H (1924-2000)

6) ERNEST (as mentioned above)

7) SAMUEL (1888 - ?)
know nothing about!

8. FRED (1890 - ?)
know nothing about!

9) JOHN (1891 - ?)
know nothing about!

10) EMMA (1892 - ?)
know nothing about!

11) HENRY (1896 - ?)
know nothing about!

12) ALBERT ROBERT W (1898 - ?)
know nothing about!

13) SARAH (1900 - ?)
know nothing about!

14) EDITH MAY (1910 - ?)    There could have been more children between 1900 and 1910.
know nothing about!

If anyone can help me with this family I would be very grateful! I would like to know what happened to them all, where they lived, worked, what children they had etc. I would also like to try and find photos of them too if possible.

Kind regards

Emma
Warwickshire, Birmingham, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Bridgnorth.

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Ashcroft
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 August 10 20:04 BST (UK) »
http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=bcconnections&view=0&pid=58140&rand=699433706

Ernest and parents are on here Emma.  Click on Father Wm's name for all the other siblings, there's loads, good luck from Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline Ange11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am ernest ashcrofts great Granddaughter if you are still on here I would be keen to chat and give you any information that I have.

My mom is Edith only daughter of Nellie.

Cheers

Offline littleem1906

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Ange11

I am Ernest Ashcroft's great great granddaughter. His daughter Mary was my great grandmother. She died at the age of 90 so I was very lucky to know her until my very early 20s.

Offline Ange11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for replying I literally just came across your post as went to Nellie's grave today.

My mom is going to look through all her stuff and see what else we can find.

We have learnt so much just from your post as the history to us is a bit vague. X

Offline littleem1906

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:51 BST (UK) »
If you want to private message me your email address I can sent you photos of the family and also any other information I have gathered.

Offline Ange11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
I'm still trying to get me head around how to use the chat.

How do I private message you from here?

Offline littleem1906

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 14 October 18 19:59 BST (UK) »
Click on my name and at the side of my profile it says 'send a pm'. Click that to send a message directly to me.