Author Topic: Frain Family  (Read 17505 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frain Family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 June 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
Email address' will be removed to protect you from spamming etc. You both have 2 posts now so can use the Personal Message system to exchange personal information, just click on the page icon under the username on the left of each post.

Offline Nurmal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 July 18 15:02 BST (UK) »
To Yllek and Frainj
Apologies for not replying to your posts.  I did not receive notifications due to changing my email shortly after my last post.
I have followed up some of the information I found and the direct lines from my ggrandfather have very few descendants living in Ireland.
John and family (son of John, my grandfathers (Pat) brother and brother to Thomas) live in Dublin but the rest of the family (98 at the last count) live in the Aston/Birmingham area.  I remember as a child my grandfather went to Birmingham for two weeks each year and two weeks to Carrownaraha to visit.
They originally went to England for about six months during winter to obtain work in the building trade and spent the rest of the year on the smallholding. As time went on some of the family took permanent work in England and as the parents and grandparents got older and started to retire they also moved to be near the family.
As to the Doogery and its variants the dwelling was near the N5 the Castlebar to Swinford road at Carrownaraha (a suburb of Ballyvary).  A couple of miles after passing through Ballyvary there is a road on the right hand side of the road that leads to the dwelling.  It is also the road to Doohana (?!).
I have a lot more information if you are still following this line.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 30 August 18 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Nurmal,

When you reply to a topic, it will automatically send the users a pm to let them know. I am trying to check the notifications for these members but as it has been so long since you replied I need to post again.

Sarah

edit: Yes I can see that both members notifications are working, hopefully they will reply soon.
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frainj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 August 18 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Nurmal,

I received your message shortly before I went on holiday and intended to get back to you when I returned.  Many things have happened since and I regret that I never got back to you. 

I have also gathered up a lot of information about the family since I last heard from you.  I have found a record in the 1911 UK census that shows Pat and John lodging at Wombwell. Their occupation was given as Coal Miner Dataller.  I know that my grandfather, John, left mining during the 1926 general strike and worked on the buildings.  I have als found various records about Michael who went to America.  Bridget married Michael Kelly in 1914 in Straid Church. They lived in Cloonconlon near Straide for the remainder of their 51 yrs. together.

I change computer about 6 months ago and have done no work on family history in the last 8/9 months.  I have a lot of documentation taken from various sources an it will take some time to reassemble some of it.  I have looked briefly for the census record mentioned above and have not been able to locate it quickly.    I will do a bit of work on this over the coming week.  I would prefer to correspond over direct email (*).
I tried to send the actual address using this forum but the email address was deleted.  Can you send me your new email to my address.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline jfk1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 20 June 20 01:45 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother is (*) Frain. She married (*)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 20 June 20 06:53 BST (UK) »
Hello jfk1964 and welcome to Rootschat.
As you can see the Moderator has left you a message explaining Rootschat policy but as you are a new member you would not be able to contact members privately until you have made a couple more posts.
Additionally, the posters have not been online for Rootschat for some time.

I just wanted to say that if your family are connected with the ones mentioned here, just post a couple of messages - brief ones will do  and then you can try messaging.

If your Frain connection is a different family and you are looking for information, you could start a new topic, no living persons mentioned though.

There is also a ‘Surname Interest’ if you scroll to the bottom of the page under ‘Your Tools’ where you can register your interest or search.

Best wishes
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jfk1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 20 June 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone all your
Information is helpful.
Bridget Frain is my link. As I live in Canada ...this was a new beginning for my parents, there was never much family talk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 20 June 20 19:15 BST (UK) »
Not sure if you mean Bridget in this thread or a different Bridget.
If she is relevant here, I hope someone comes back to you.
If she us a different Bridget, a new thread would be best with birth/death and any relevant information.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frainj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 20 June 20 23:30 BST (UK) »
Jfk1964

There are three Bridgets in my family tree.
My Great Grand Mother, Bridget Moran Frain (born c 1856 d, 1915)
My Grandmother, Bridget Kenny Frain ( about 1880 - about 1954)
My Grand Aunt Bridget Frain (1880 - 1965) is the person mentioned here.

My great-great-grandfather Richard Frain (born about 1805) had a daughter and several Grandchildren named Bridget.  I have no information about these,  Do you have any dates, names of brothers, sisters, other relatives or placenames?  There is a  lot of information available on https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ re. births deaths and marriages.  The 1901 and 1911 census records are available at http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

Take Care