Author Topic: Frain Family  (Read 17409 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frain Family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 04:42 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 08:08 BST (UK) »
The link for MayoMemorialPeacePark.org sends one to a site focused on HGH and appears they are selling growth hormones.

If there's a better link, please let us know.

Thanx

The site has Obviously been hijacked over the years  :)
Hallmark has given you the link. I haven't been for a few years but am hoping to visit it this summer.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 10:29 BST (UK) »
Probably some photos of it on line if you Google it and see what is under Images!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 11:13 BST (UK) »
http://www.irishwarmemorials.ie/Memorials-Detail?memoId=679

See Image 5/15 - he is listed under Castlebar

It seems to be the right Thomas according to Nurmal's  earlier post.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 10:28 BST (UK) »
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frainj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 June 17 00:06 BST (UK) »
Was looking through the Internet for information on Thomas Frain and cane across your post. I am Bridget Frains Granddaughter.

I am almost certain that I am your second cousin. My Grandfather was John Frain who was Thomas's brother.  Over the years I have collected some material about the family and am currently trying to write it up for my grand children. The only information I have about your grand mother is a record of her marriage from the local registry. I have attached a copy. I understand that several of her nephews/nieces stayed with her in Aston when they emigrated but I have no details.

I have copies of some of Thomas's service records, a photo of his service medal. His memorial is on Pier and Face 15 A of the Thiepval Memorial. His birth cert records his birth date as 20 February 1914 at Dooghery (probably a misspell). The use of some variant of Dooghery in their address has given rise to a lot of misunderstanding.  The correct address is Carrownaraha.  Tradition is that  the Frains (great-grandfather) originated in East Mayo. Places, that I remember being mentioned, were Barnacogue mountain (site of Knock Airport) and nearby Kilkelly, Swinford and Kiltimagh.  There is an area called Doogary just outside Kilkelly. Perhaps the house was named after Doogary to indicate that this was the John Frain from Doogary.

Is this material of any interest to you?  Nurmal, who started this conversation is also a second cousin of ours. I was in contact with him some time ago but he has no recent  posts
If

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 June 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hello frainj,

Welcome to RootsChat.

Nurmal should have received notification of your reply but will just check for you. Yes the notification has gone through, hopefully they should reply very soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Yllek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 23 June 17 02:49 BST (UK) »
Was looking through the Internet for information on Thomas Frain and cane across your post. I am Bridget Frains Granddaughter.

I am almost certain that I am your second cousin. My Grandfather was John Frain who was Thomas's brother.  Over the years I have collected some material about the family and am currently trying to write it up for my grand children. The only information I have about your grand mother is a record of her marriage from the local registry. I have attached a copy. I understand that several of her nephews/nieces stayed with her in Aston when they emigrated but I have no details.

I have copies of some of Thomas's service records, a photo of his service medal. His memorial is on Pier and Face 15 A of the Thiepval Memorial. His birth cert records his birth date as 20 February 1914 at Dooghery (probably a misspell). The use of some variant of Dooghery in their address has given rise to a lot of misunderstanding.  The correct address is Carrownaraha.  Tradition is that  the Frains (great-grandfather) originated in East Mayo. Places, that I remember being mentioned, were Barnacogue mountain (site of Knock Airport) and nearby Kilkelly, Swinford and Kiltimagh.  There is an area called Doogary just outside Kilkelly. Perhaps the house was named after Doogary to indicate that this was the John Frain from Doogary.

Is this material of any interest to you?  Nurmal, who started this conversation is also a second cousin of ours. I was in contact with him some time ago but he has no recent  posts
If

hi frainj

Offline frainj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 23 June 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
Yllek

This morning I saw your reply which contained an email address. The contents of your message were deleted when I retrieved it this evening. Can you repost your message or send the email address to (*)

frainj

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php