Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Genealogy when ....  (Read 119815 times)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Are you addicted?.........
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 October 04 18:33 BST (UK) »
Addicted to geneaology me never ::)  my credit card bill has more debits from 1837 and Scotlands people than anything else... the shelves in our study are straining under the weight of my Family Tree publications... my christmas and birthday wish list reads like the publications list of S&N ... me addicted nooooooo not me!

Best Wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Annemarie Shuttle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 October 04 23:49 BST (UK) »
You know you are addicted when you stay up till nearly one in the morning just to check a relative might be emailing you and you cant miss it, then get up at 6am you never know they might have contacted you while you were alseep!
 :) :D ;D ::)http://http://ftp://
Claydon(all)
/Shuttle/Dabbs/Hobbs/Jackson/Oblein/Flack/Watling/Chaplin/Hale(s)/Fewel/Heard/Coram/Gregory/Chumbley/Wright/Chivers/
Dowsett and many more..........

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 05 October 04 00:44 BST (UK) »
You know you are addicted when you have hit brickwalls in all directions and don't quit, but spend time searching for others on Rootschat!

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 05 October 04 14:20 BST (UK) »
the local registrar lady was a bit stuffy at first, but now she always smiles, and treats me like a friend,i have been there that often, once when i was after a marriage cert. she bought  me two back , because they were sisters and married almost the same time. good job i had £14  on me, yes i am hooked!. nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Olly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 05 October 04 14:47 BST (UK) »
Help!
The computer I'm on is leaving home in 2 weeks! :'(
What am I going to do? ???
I suppose I'll have to resort to taking long walks in graveyards and visiting local libraries etc, - anything that is free. :-\
Hope it's not too long before we get a replacement or I really will have withdrawal symptoms.
I suppose my other half will be happy though! :-X
Regards, Olly. :(
Bulmer Draper - Lincoln, Glasgow, Aylesbury
Bulmer - York
Draper,Keogh- Lincolnshire, Middlesex, Liverpool, Ireland
Lowe, Massey - Liverpool
Lowe - Australia
Jones, Owens - Anglesey, Liverpool
Collinson - Middlesex,Birmingham,Liverpool

Offline islander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 05 October 04 14:58 BST (UK) »
I had to go without a pc for almost six months! Tried to get one on prescription, the symptoms were so bad!
I even found myself moving my cigerette packet about like it was a mouse!!

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 05 October 04 15:50 BST (UK) »
I've always promised myself that whilst over here in Cheshire visiting Mum, I would ask someone to take me to all the places I have been wandering through on the 1841-1901 census.  On Sunday we had an unexpected treat when my Nephew took us all out to lunch in a people carrier.  I was sitting chatting away when suddenly I saw a sign.  Aaagh stop!  Screach to a halt.  What? What's wrong.  Nothing...look a sign, we are in Pickmere.  We then went through Toft, Mobberley, Knutsford, Arley, Grt Budworth....I was in paradise, oohing and aaahing.  Everyone thought I had gone potty. But it was the area all my ancestors came from on Dad's side, so now when I am on my census wanders again, I will be able to picture exactly where I am.  Wonderful.
Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 13:28 BST (UK) »
It's lovely to read all your replies!!!

You are all just mad, but very lovely people  ;D ;D

The last certificate that I ordered arrived safe and sound - I was so excited  ;), but now I'm dying to order another one  ;D ...... impatient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 13:38 BST (UK) »
.. impatient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Addicted',more like..!!!!!

Honestly Jan ::)! I think you're in denial.... ;D ;D lol

Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History