Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Genealogy when ....  (Read 119777 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: You know you're addicted to Genealogy when ....
« Reply #432 on: Saturday 20 February 16 14:03 GMT (UK) »

When you look forward to the "freebie" weekends so you can check your research (subs too costly from this side) and then spend the entire day trying to sort out one branch til you totally confuse yourself even when you write it down. :o ;D

(OH and son have cheek to interrupt to ask for food etc ::))
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: Saturday 20 February 16 14:16 GMT (UK) »
You'll be back, firing on all cylinders before you know where you are - just get ONE tasty new bit of information, and it all flares up again.

I did have a quick peep at the Pollard line....   but the matches wouldn't strike,  (oh dear.... ..that is supposed to be a funny play on words...  :-X :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D)

xin

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: Saturday 20 February 16 14:22 GMT (UK) »
You'll be back, firing on all cylinders before you know where you are - just get ONE tasty new bit of information, and it all flares up again.

I did have a quick peep at the Pollard line....   but the matches wouldn't strike,  (oh dear.... ..that is supposed to be a funny play on words...  :-X :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D)

xin

Oh my going from bad to worse  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline g eli

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Starting a new tree to find out how a newly discovered cousin of my 3xggrandfather fit in to mine then spending the following week tracing her husbands descendants, thinking why am I doing this they are not related. but doing it anyway.
Liz
Butler Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire
Targoose Lincolnshire : Targus the rest of England
Sollery:Staffordshire & Nottinghamshire
Saunders,  Phillips: Wiltshire
Oldknow: Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire
Hirons or Hiorns: Friswell: Whitmore: Warwickshire
Tanser: Leicestershire & Warwickshire
Kidger: Buxton: Cramp:Leicestershire
Goodall:Griffin: Ford:Minton:Derbyshire
Cormack:Dunn: Scotland
Taylor:Nottinghamshire
Fletcher Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire Staffordshire

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:56 GMT (UK) »

When you look forward to the "freebie" weekends so you can check your research (subs too costly from this side) and then spend the entire day trying to sort out one branch til you totally confuse yourself even when you write it down. :o ;D

And that's when my wife wants to go out and buy something for the house or garden, or suggests a daytrip somewhere; and almost invariably it is those weekends that she suggests we go out for a meal. Doesn't she realize I can eat a sandwich at my laptop?  ::)  ;D ;D ;D
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:58 GMT (UK) »

xin
I think that's what you call striking out......

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:59 GMT (UK) »

And that's when my wife wants to go out and buy something for the house or garden, or suggests a daytrip somewhere; and almost invariably it is those weekends that she suggests we go out for a meal. Doesn't she realize I can eat a sandwich at my laptop?  ::)  ;D ;D ;D

My thoughts exactly, whats wrong with peanut butter and jam sandwiches (about the extent of OH's culinary skills) and coffee (instant).  At least there is a cricket match tomorrow to keep them occupied. ;D ;D

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: Saturday 20 February 16 21:00 GMT (UK) »

xin
I think that's what you call striking out......

these are getting worse by the post.... ::) ;D

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: Saturday 20 February 16 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Can't you take any more PUN-ishmnet, 3SD?