Author Topic: Northamptonshire and Rutland Probate Index  (Read 2308 times)

Offline markyb74

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Northamptonshire and Rutland Probate Index
« on: Monday 16 August 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I found on findmypast that they have an index of wills for Northamptonshire up to 1857. Has anyone used the details to obtain copies of the wills and if so how much does it cost?

Regards,

Mark
Bowles, Burgess, Chinn, Cooling/Cullen, Harrison, Jarvis/Jervis, Lawrence, Mitchell, Orme, Parsons, Sutton

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Northamptonshire and Rutland Probate Index
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 August 10 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

It depends on what is there
There is no fixed cost

I got two documents, one was a print or photocopy, the other had a seal attached so I had to pay more fpr a photo- type copy

The best bet is to email the RO and quote the ref numbers and ask how much it will be
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline markyb74

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Northamptonshire and Rutland Probate Index
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 August 10 20:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks stonechat for the info and the link.
Bowles, Burgess, Chinn, Cooling/Cullen, Harrison, Jarvis/Jervis, Lawrence, Mitchell, Orme, Parsons, Sutton