Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***AMAZING!!! MY GOOD NEWS!  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
***COMPLETED***AMAZING!!! MY GOOD NEWS!
« on: Sunday 03 April 05 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago I did a look up for a new Rootschat member and noticed in her profile that she was in Shropshire.  So, I sent her a PM saying Welcome to Rootschat etc etc and asked where in Shropshire she was.

Well, she lives in the same town as me, and it turns out that I already know her!!!! We went to infant school together, so we have known each other since we were about 5 years old!!!!!

She lives about a 10 minute walk from me, and her sister lives just round the corner :o

I still can't quite believe it.........needless to say, we are going to have our own mini Rootschat meet to discuss our family trees ;D ;D

Jan :D :D ;)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: AMAZING!!! MY GOOD NEWS!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

what wonderful news ! 

I suppose the only advance on that, is that your next look-up turns out to be for your next-door neighbour  ;D ;D ;D

Have a great RootsChat Mini-Meet !

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob,

I would be extremely worried if my next door neighbours turned up on the 1861 Census :o :o  That would mean I am living next door to ghosts :o LOL LOL

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:12 BST (UK) »
Jan

I long for the day I have somebody to discuss my family tree with and show it to.  As soon as I start mentioning any ancestors they all glaze over.  I can't imagine why???  ??? ::) ::)

Kerryb
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
Kerry,

If you lived by me I would be more than happy to discuss your family tree ;) ;)

You never know.....one day you may find someone.  I'll keep my fingers crossed ;D

Jan

P.S. I know you are in East Sussex but is there any chance of you coming to the York Meet in May?  We could discuss our trees then!!!!

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

I would love to come to York, unfortunately it clashes with a boating holiday in the Norfolk Broads and I had better keep my partner sweet!

Kerryb

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:36 BST (UK) »
What a shame Kerry.  Oh well, we'll discuss our Trees at the next Meet - wherever that may be!!!!

Jan

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 April 05 20:43 BST (UK) »
I'll look forward to it!!!!!

kerryb