Author Topic: Yorkshire N.Riding - Liddle  (Read 1295 times)

Offline ang123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Yorkshire N.Riding - Liddle
« on: Sunday 03 April 05 21:17 BST (UK) »
HI,
I am looking for any Birth details on my great grandfather Thomas Liddle. He is registered in the 1901 census aged 33. He was married to Jane and they had 2 Children - Harold and Albert.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated
With thanks
Angela

Offline josimpson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire N.Riding - Liddle
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,
the Thomas you are looking for was he from Middlesbrough?
Jo
Shaw, Simpson, Chaytor, Blackburn, Round, Wain, Lawrence,

Offline Southvancouver

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 21 19:05 BST (UK) »
There seem to have been several people with the surname Liddle born in or near Pickering, North Riding of Yorkshire in the late 1700's and early 1800's.  I am descended from a Thomas Liddle born at Normanby near Pickering in about 1756-1760 and his wife Mary Huddlestone born in 1764 in the same place.  They, and most of their living children, immigrated to the USA in 1824.  I have DNA matches to several of their descendants.  However, I am also a DNA match to a descendant of a William or William Watson Liddle born at Pickering in about 1808 who is NOT a child of Thomas and Mary.  I am currently trying to sort out the Pickering Liddle family from before the 1841 census.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 21 19:47 BST (UK) »
Deleted - this is an old thread from 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.