Author Topic: Edward Billinge Killey  (Read 4633 times)

Offline dianat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Billinge Killey
« on: Thursday 19 August 10 03:04 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have Edward Billinge Killey b. 1789 in their family tree.  He was born in Wales and married Grace Roberts in 1811 also in Wales.  She was born in Llanerchymedd, Angelsey.  They had four sons.  They eventually moved to Alderley Edge, Cheshire. England where Grace Roberts Killey died in March 1870..
Thank you for reading this.
Best wishes
Diana
Roberts Bethnal Green, London
Robinson Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
Warner Essex
Brown
Hewlett
Johnson
Orange - Bethnal Green
Hunwick

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Billinge Killey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 20:28 BST (UK) »

Hi Diana, are you just after family members, or something specific.?
 There are two family trees on Ancestry.co.uk. dealing with Edward Billinge Killey.

Skewy

Offline ktstrs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm a descendant of Edward Billinge Killy - I have quite a bit of info - do get in touch. I'd love to know how we connect!

Katy
Killey - Anglesey & Liverpool
Stears/Steers - Deptford & Liverpool
Skimming/Skimmings/Skiming - Wirral, Cheshire
Worth - Cheshire
Hailstone - Wiltshire
Pye - Wiltshire
Badcock - Cheshire
Blocksidge - Shropshire, Midlands, Liverpool
Reed - Deptford
Green - Bebington, Cheshire

Offline dianat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 September 10 02:43 BST (UK) »
Quote from: dianat
Part 2
Apologies if I repeat myself, only I ran out of space in Part 1 and I now can't find a copy of exactly what I said to you.  I believe I finished by telling you that we are related to Dr Hewlett Johnson and I am yet to find the connection.  We are related through either my Grandmother Sarah Grace Roberts, Roberts family or her Robinson family.  The Robinsons are from Cheshunt, in Hertfordshire and my Roberts, from Bethnal Green, London.  The family of Hewlett Johnson originated in Manchester, Lancashire and spread all over that county and Cheshire.

If I can supply you with more data, Katy, please ask and thank you for your interest.
Best wishes and I hope to hear from you
Diana - Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.        (part 2 had to be sent via this method because they wouldn't let me send it via Personal message system.  Apologies)
[/quote
Roberts Bethnal Green, London
Robinson Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
Warner Essex
Brown
Hewlett
Johnson
Orange - Bethnal Green
Hunwick

Offline ktstrs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 September 10 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again Diane

So I gather from your personal email that you are related to the FAINT line - which according to the research I have means that the connection into the Killey's is via Ralph Billinge Killey who married Mary FAINT in Liverpool JAS 1870 - does that sound right??

Ralph's father was Edward Billinge Killey born 1789 in Anglesey. EBK married Grace Roberts on 13 March 1811 in Amlwch, Angelsey. I repeat all this to make sure I've got the right connection.

Interestingly I didn't know (though I suspected) that Grace Roberts was actually born in Llanerchymedd (how is that pronounced I wonder)!

I don't have any information about Grace's parentage, I'm afraid.

I can tell you that their marriage was witnessed by David Roberts (father, brother?) and Mary Griffiths. All the protagonists signed their name (which given the date is very interesting).

Does this sounds like it connects in anyway to the families you're researching?

Best wishes,

Katy

p.s for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to send you a personal message.
Killey - Anglesey & Liverpool
Stears/Steers - Deptford & Liverpool
Skimming/Skimmings/Skiming - Wirral, Cheshire
Worth - Cheshire
Hailstone - Wiltshire
Pye - Wiltshire
Badcock - Cheshire
Blocksidge - Shropshire, Midlands, Liverpool
Reed - Deptford
Green - Bebington, Cheshire

Offline GreenGarden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 August 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother, Elizabeth Ann Forster married Arthur Killey who's father was Ralph Billinge Killey and his mother was Mary Faint , daughter Of Thomas Faint and Catherine Buttery.  its a while since I researched  so off the top of my head the connections can be very unclear. I need to have another look at my earlier work.
One of Elizabeth's daughter's, Mary Killey married Ernest Williams, my grandad. Both she and her father died in their twenties.
We're going for a walk up Billinge Hill this afternoon so I've got interested again.