Author Topic: Roscommon - Malone  (Read 2947 times)

Offline scandle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roscommon - Malone
« on: Friday 20 August 10 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Can anyone help me. I'm trying to find any information relating to a Peter Malone or Maloney born circa 1839 in Roscommon. He was a private in the army serving with the 1st Royal Battalion which was a Scottish regiment. He signed up to the army in Edinburgh and was stationed for some time in Colchester.

I know that his father was a Thomas Malone, boot and shoemaker (presumably also from Roscommon).

Could anybody have a search for me for Peter's birth (he may also be known as Patrick) and anything in relation to Thomas Malone. I'm not sure what the connection to Edinburgh is but I know of some Malones who emigrated to Edinburgh from Roscommon. A lady I have spoken to has a William Malone born about 1828, father Thomas mother Bridget McHugh...can anybody locate this record?

Best wishes and thank you for your time.

John

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.