Author Topic: Photo of William Lamb, Bombadier, WWII  (Read 3937 times)

Offline KMLamb

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photo of William Lamb, Bombadier, WWII
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am a Lamb from Hamilton, ON, Canada and had a great uncle named William Lamb who died during WW2. Could you please send the photos to me as well?

Karley

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 January 20 04:39 GMT (UK) »
not sure if i still have the photo but i will try and find it and if someone can help with placing it onto rootschat then it would be rhere for those who want to doownload it but dont expect miracles overnight type ofones it could take months to find all my photos and find the correct oneI remember that where the statue was there was a cafe along the front a lighthouse a mman cycling along on the sand think he was the lighthouse keeper and before we came into the tpown in the surrounding land there were mushroom farms bounding evy mile or so but cant for the life of me remember the name of the place i know the artist when you look him up just remembered something that might precipitate both wanting a photo if you look up willia lamb it may tell you where the staue is whi the sartist is where his mudeum of the work he has done is. i have no links to give you mu=yself but research is good youll learn more than i can give you anyway
let me know how you get on!yes?siigning off see if i can find anything myself and fraser i was in the middle of answering you and my laptop shut the page down so if you can and are allowed to send me a pm and i will reply marcie deane
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 January 20 05:17 GMT (UK) »
montrose is where the statue and  the art gallery commemorating him its all on wikihope this helps
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet