Author Topic: MCDermott.gourivan/boland/melvin  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Glesca lassie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MCDermott.gourivan/boland/melvin
« on: Monday 23 August 10 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would like to hear from anyone, who think they may be from this line, they all lived in the Castleconnor area,some names mentioned, were Ballymohenry, scurinam, stokane,carraban,carrownarlar,ballymoneen, doneen

Thankyou Mary

Offline madeira066

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MCDermott.gourivan/boland/melvin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 August 10 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Glesca Lassie.
My GG/Grandfather was Thomas Killerlane born 1849 Sligo, he married Catherine Higgins in 1869 Sligo and they moved  to Glasgow about 1883, on his death certificate in 1900 at Govan in Glasgow it stated his father as Michael Killerlane and his mothers maiden name as Margeret Gourivan both deceased. I have not been able to find anything further about Margaret Gourivan. Do any of the above names have any connection to the line you are researching.
Regards Dave.

Offline Glesca lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 August 10 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave, I only know that my Catherine Gourivan, who married a Patrick McDermott was born in Enniscrone approx 1830, her parents were a Thomas Gourivan and Anna Keane, I don't know of any other family as yet, sorry

Mary

Offline mazbonks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Glesca lassie,
My GGmother was Bridget Melvin from Stokane married John Cuff in 1854.  Have you searched this excellent Melvin website   
http://www.richpettit.com/melvin/familyhistory.htm

There is also a Boland connection which is a little vague.   I'm working on a Francis Rouse marrying a Catherine Boland and having a child Maria (my Grandmother).  I think Catherine died young as I have  Francis married to a Clarke in the 1901 census with stepchildren.  I have a little information on Bolands from the 'Walking in the steps of St Brendan' manuscript which someone emailed to me which I can pass on if you let me know which Boland you are interested in.  :)

Offline Glesca lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 September 10 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, thankyou for your help, I have indeed got the manuscript of St Brendan's, and some of my Bolands are here, I have looked at your info on the richpetit link, there is afew Melvins who belong to my tree, I have sent an email to see if they have any updates that could help me, I don't have a lot of info on Melvin, trouble is I am researching  so many names, between my husbands  tree and my own, sometimes you can get lost, but thanks for your help

Mary