Author Topic: RICE Family from Exeter  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Babbacombegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RICE Family from Exeter
« on: Saturday 28 August 10 12:53 BST (UK) »
Anyone researching the Rice family history?  My grandmother was Frances Kate Rice also known as Kitty, maiden name Loram.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Rice Family from Exeter
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 August 10 13:24 BST (UK) »
hi,,,are you researching the family and need some help?  or just looking for  family members? if you need any help...can u post the details of what u already know,and what u would like to know.. ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Babbacombegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RICE Family from Exeter
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 August 10 15:36 BST (UK) »
I am looking at two areas one my mother, Gladys Matilda Kate Rice, back through her mother Frances Kate Loram (which I put on another thread) and the other area is trying to see if I can trace a "cousin".  My Grandfather who I think was Frederick Rice or Charles Frederick Rice left my Grandmother in Exeter and moved to London to work for the Department of Works he then "married" again and had a daughter whom I was told was called Jill/Gill who became a Doctor.  Would like to know if such a person exists.  At the time it was all hush hush.

Offline Babbacombegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RICE Family from Exeter
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 15:17 BST (UK) »
I have just seen that there was a Charles Rice who was killed in the Theatre Royal fire in Exeter.  I knew that it had burnt down but not to the extent of 189 people killed.