Author Topic: Crothers family  (Read 6281 times)

Offline turbonator

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crothers family
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 October 10 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for everyones help. This is indeed the Crothers family that I was looking for. Hopefully the websites forwarded will give me a bit more information on them.

Amanda
McComb, McCammon, Douglas, Currie, Turbitt, McCrudden, Whittley

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Merry Christmas RootsChatters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 October 10 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amanda,

Your most welcome. Wishing you the very best of luck with your enquiries.  Would be pleased to hear how you get on - fingers crossed.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sherianne321

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crothers family your relative in Windsor
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello :D :D
My name is Sheri (nee Kenney) and my grandmother was Margaret Rea Crothers, my dad was Samuel David Kenney.  I was searching for Moses McLintock Kenney (my grandfather) on Google just as a lark and found your post.  I'm so excited--our family here has always wondered if we still had relatives in Ireland...all of my dad's siblings have passed away.  I have alot of photographs as well as the family bible that was given to my dad as a gift from my Nana (Maggie) in 1946.  It has some records in it as well.  I would be happy to send you the info...I hope you're still on here! 
I am so thrilled to have found this and all of the info you have provided.  My dad passed on in 1979 so this is like having a little piece of him back.  Thank you!!!
Sincerely,
Sheri
Windsor, Ontario

Offline turbonator

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheri
I'm so excited that you contacted me. I have been trying to find out any information that I could in regards to your family. I have my family tree on ancestry.com if you are on it you can look it up. Let me tell you a little of where I am on the family tree. Your Grandmother Margaret Rea Crothers mother (Agnes Crothers nee Leitch) and my Gt Grandfather, Samuel Currie were brother and sister. Their mother was Margaret Elizabeth Currie who never married but had 3 children Agnes, Samuel David and James. Samuel David stayed in Tardree, Co Antrim, and Agnes & James emigrated. I have been trying to locate any information on James also. Only Agnes was known as Leitch the other children got her name Currie. I'm sure you are aware that only one of your grandmothers sisters stayed in Northern Ireland Annie who went on to marry Robert Samuel Allen.
I have loads of information and photos of most of my family including a photo of Samuel David which I will attach and hopefully you get this.
Please get in contact again as I'm really thrilled that you have got in contact. I'm also in contact with a man from Belfast who is related to Moses McLintock Kenney. I will pass this information onto him as I know he will be thrilled also that someone from the Kenney family has got in touch.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Amanda
McComb, McCammon, Douglas, Currie, Turbitt, McCrudden, Whittley

Offline sherianne321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 17 February 11 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amanda,
This is awesome.  I didn't even know my dad had this uncle he was named after.  I am learning how to scan and such and will try to send you this pic of my grandparents and Uncle James Currie.  I never knew him as a young man but remember him quite well as he passed away when I was a teenager (1982 or so?).  I have lots more and can't wait to see what else you have.  I remember my Aunt Sadie (Sarah Miller) telling me that there was a sister that stayed in Ireland, Annie but none of us ever knew anything more...  Aunt Sadie was the sweetest, gentlest soul I ever knew, still miss her.  Thanks for all the info on the family tree, absolutely wonderful.  Great news to hear that you know of someone related to Moses Kenney...please let me know.  I'm new to all of this ancestry stuff but very excited to dig more.  Okay..here's the photo...write back when you can... Cheers, Sheri
ok, darn, it tells me my attachment is too big...have to get the teenager to help me.  lol

Offline sherianne321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 17 February 11 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amanda,
Hope this one goes thru...
Betty and James Currie, don't know who the third lady is...

Here's my email:  (*)
and I'm on facebook as   Sheri Kenney-St. Amour
ttys.
Sheri

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Michelle Mainwaring

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 August 21 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Amanda, my name is Michelle and Sheri (Kenney) was my best friend for 51 years, since we were 5 years old.
I stumbled across this page and your correspondence with each other and I wanted to pass on some very sad news to you..
In October of last year Sheri was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and spent 10 months in the hospital and hospice combined.
After a very long battle and 2 days of terrible illness, she passed away peacefully yesterday at 3:00 a.m. in London Ontario with her loving husband John by her side.
I just wanted you to know this as I enjoyed reading your correspondence with each other and thought that my friend would want you to know. Peace be with you and your family.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 August 21 19:20 BST (UK) »
Dear Michelle,

I just wanted you to know that I was very sorry to have read about the death of your friend Sheri.

Kind Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk