Author Topic: Rachel Barrett  (Read 9619 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Barrett
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
According to the 1930 Census it was James A and John L Barrett  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:31 BST (UK) »
Would you know Rosie's actual date of birth, please?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:38 BST (UK) »
This was the SSDI Record Lisa

Rachel Phillips
Born: 15 May 1918
Died: 22 Mar 2006
Last Residence: 36350  Midland City, Dale, Alabama
SSN issued: Texas (Before 1951)

Oops sorry you mean her Mother - silly me  ???
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:42 BST (UK) »
From Footnote:

"A" Horace Lonnie Barrett died 10 Sept 1940 at Garrison, Nacogdoches, Texas.
Parents were Jeff (William Jefferson) and Jennie nee Barnes both born in Virginia.
He was divorced.
Informant: Mrs. L. F. Barrett

You can see the actual record of this on the Family Search Labs site I mentioned above.  It says that he died of a self inflicted gun shot wound.   :(

Also listed on there are Texas death records for other children of Jeff Barrett & Jennie Barnes - Dora Lunsford and William Thomas Barrett - probably siblings of Horace.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra, thank you for that.  ;)

I was actually looking for Rosie's date/year of birth (hoping to find her on earlier census).  I believe her year of birth varies between the 1920 and 1930 census returns.
----------
Lonnie may have been living in Precinct 5, Trinity Co., Texas in 1930.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 16:46 BST (UK) »
Oh my.

Thank you, Shelly.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
This could be Horace, but facts don't match up with other pieces of information:
1900 District 87, Lawsonville, Rusk, Texas
Horace A Barrett, born Sept 1883, Texas
Parents were Jeff W Barrett, born Oct 1843, Mississippi and Melia J Barrett, born May 1856, Arkansas

If he can be found in 1910, perhaps we can find Rosie nearby?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 17:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I have the Census for 1920 and 1930. The 1920 Census has a Horace Barrett living at the same address and in 1930 he is not there, she is residing with Port L Cook who I believe passed in 1997 and her grandson has informed me she was always known to him as Rosie Cook.

Can't get my head round this bit Lisa (probably having a funny moment or mis-reading it)  ???

He was 43 years old in 1930 so in 1997 would be 110 years old (That would be surely be registered somewhere)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 17:06 BST (UK) »
This could be Horace, but facts don't match up with other pieces of information:
1900 District 87, Lawsonville, Rusk, Texas
Horace A Barrett, born Sept 1883, Texas
Parents were Jeff W Barrett, born Oct 1843, Mississippi and Melia J Barrett, born May 1856, Arkansas

I guess Melia J. = Jennie.  The siblings from this census seem to match up with the death records I found above.  Also, William Thomas Barrett is on findagrave.com in the same cemetery as Horace.