Author Topic: Russell R Farling 1930 US Fed Census - Gladwin Michigan  (Read 3795 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Russell R Farling 1930 US Fed Census - Gladwin Michigan
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 September 10 13:11 BST (UK) »
Russell R Farling

Born Jun. 1, 1915
Died Aug. 16, 2002

From the Gladwin County Record --- August 21, 2002
RUSSELL R. FARLING
Russell R. Farling, age 87, of Frankenmuth, Michigan died August 16, 2002 at St. Mary's Medical Center, Saginaw, Michigan. He was born June 1, 1915 to Thomas and Zeta Farling in Alberta, Canada. He retired in 1979 after being Postmaster for 30 years at the U.S. Post Office in Beaverton. He was U.S. Army veteran having served in World War II. He lived in Saginaw County for three years, having moved there from Beaverton. He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, Beaverton Lions Club, Coleman Masonic Lodge, and V.F.W. Post 7303.
He married (*) on January 2, 1981 in Harrison. He was previously married to Cecile (Hughes) Farling, who died in 1979. Surviving are his wife, (*) ; one nephew and three nieces. He is predeceased by his parents; his son Paul (1993); and his sisters Grace Korkoske and Olive Bates.
The funeral service was held Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, Michigan. Rev. Karen Blatt officiated. Burial took place at Midland Memorial Gardens in Midland. Military Honors were performed by the V.F.W. Post 7303 Monday at 7 p.m.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09of/

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 September 10 15:07 BST (UK) »
OBITUARY

DELANA "IRENE" FARLING
Nov 13, 1914 ~ July 10, 2009

Delana "Irene" Farling, age 94, of Frankenmuth, passed away Friday, July 10, 2009, in Saginaw, Michigan. She was born in Harrison, Michigan, November 13, 1914 to Frederick & Zola (Cooper) Clark. She graduated from Harrison High School, then graduated from Central Michigan University with a degree in Teaching. She taught school for 23 years in Clare and Gladwin counties and retired in 1975. Irene married Lenord Schwanz on June 19, 1932 in Corunna, Michigan. They had one daughter, Zoanna Fay, who passed away in 1935. Lenord preceded her in death in 1965. Then she married Russell R. Farling January 2, 1981 in Harrison, Michigan. They lived in Beaverton, Michigan until 1999, when they moved to Frankenmuth, Michigan. He preceded her in death in 2002.
   She is survived by her brother XXXX and several nieces and nephews. She is predeceased by her husbands; daughter: Zoanna Fay Schwanz; sisters: Pearl & Zoella Brady; and brother: Rovelle Clark.
   A Remembrance Service was held Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 11:00 am at the Hall-Kokotovich Funeral Home, 430 S. Ross St., Beaverton, Michigan, with Pastor Mark Clark officiating. Burial was in at Maple Grove Cemetery, Harrison, Michigan, with a graveside service
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 September 10 00:23 BST (UK) »
Sandra
Many thanks for the information and the link - very much appreciated.
Regards
Jan
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 September 10 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Jan,

No problem. Hope the research is going well, every little snippet helps. Please come back if you need any other info.

Regards
Sandra  ;)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 September 10 15:01 BST (UK) »
Olive Farling/Bates

From the Gladwin County Record --- June 27, 1973
OLIVE BATES
Mrs. Olive Bates, 55, of Higgins Lake, died Friday, June 22, at Grayling Mercy Hospital, following and illness of a year. Born in Alberta, Canada, September 6, 1918, she was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Farling and came to Gladwin County with her parents as a youngster. She and her husband, Cecil, who preceded her in death two years ago, moved to Higgins Lake 25 years ago from Beaverton. Mrs. Bates was a graduate of the Beaverton High School.
Surviving are two daughters. one sister, Mrs. Grace Korkoske of Gladwin (NOW DECEASED) and a brother, Russell Farling of Beaverton. (NOW DECEASED)
Services were held Monday at 10:30 a.m. atthe Higgins LakeBaptist Church, of which she was a member, with the Rev. Ervin Miller officiating. Burial was in Oakwood Cemetery, Higgins Lake.

From the Gladwin County Record --- June 16, 1971

CECIL BATES

Cecil Bates , 54, of Roscommon County, died suddenly Tuesday, June 8, in Mercy Hospital, Grayling. Born in Clarksburg, W. Va., on Jan. 8, 1917, he was married to the former Olive Farling.
Mr. Bates owned and operated a gas station and was a member of the Beaverton Masonic Lodge No. 453. Besides his wife, (NOW DECEASED) he is survived by two daughters; his parents; two brothers; and two sisters.
Rites wereheld June 10, at 2:30 p.m. in the Higgins Lake Baptist Church. The Rev. Carl Ferguson officiated and burial was in Oakwood Cemetery.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 September 10 15:04 BST (UK) »
SSDI Record

Grace L. Korkoske
Born: 28 Apr 1913
Died: 19 Dec 2000
Last Residence: 48624  Gladwin, Gladwin, Michigan.
SSN issued: Michigan (1966)

Obit:- KORKOSKE, Grace; 87; Gladwin MI; Bay City Times; 20 Dec 2000

http://www.rootschat.com/links/09oy/

Offline PamelaS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I was Russell's daughter- in-law.  I remember Aunt Beryl and Aunt Jackie, his sisters-in-law.  Are you a cousin of theirs?

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Paul my cousin but I only met him once. Beryl and Jackie are still around - though I haven't seen either for years, but I live in Australia and they're in NZ. I think we a little communication a couple of years ago - you were Paul's wife? Are you interested in Family History as well? If you'd like to keep in touch (I would) I could Peronal Message you my email address. Let me know. And maybe you could look at my tree and see if the bits I've found (and some guesses!) are correct.
It is now quite ironic that Paul and family lived in Michigan - as I have now found out that our great grandfather's brother settled in Detroit about the same time as our great grandfather settled in NZ. I had been looking for the brother for absolute years.
Hope to hear from you again - always nice to contact another relative!!
Jan Moon
Pottsville NSW Australia :)

Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline PamelaS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Paul died in 1993.  I still keep in touch with two of his cousins. He has four.  Two are Olive's daughters and two are Grace's (a son and a daughter.) Paul was only 40 when he died.  I remarried, but Russell was like a father to me until his death.  They were a wonderful family.  I didn't know Olive.  Aunt Grace and Dad were both very kind people and I miss them alot.  Beryl and Jackie were here for our wedding in 1975.  That is all of the family that I know of.

Cecille (Mom) and I were very close.  Since Paul was an only child, we really had a mother daughter relationship.  She was instrumental in me going into the educaton field.  She always encouraged me.  She died when Paul and I had only been married 4 1/2 years.  It was  a great loss for our family.

I hope this gives you a glimpse into who your "family" was.