Author Topic: Need help another Thomas Hall  (Read 2511 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need help another Thomas Hall
« on: Friday 03 September 10 06:15 BST (UK) »
Have death cert for Thomas Hall dob 1851 apparently accidentally killed between the hours of 7 and 8pm railway near (illeg) Ladhope. Cause of death - Injuries sustained by being knocked down by passing train !! Informant his father Thomas Hall  Date of death 05 Oct 1885.
On the death cert is written Result of precognition see corrected entries vol 2 p60 30th Oct 1885...but there is no RCE avail that I can see on SP.

Would also like some kind person  ;D to help with newspaper report of something relating to this death.

Help please...as always Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need help another Thomas Hall
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 September 10 19:09 BST (UK) »
The local registrar keeps the book of corrected entries. It being Ladhope area the registrar at Galashiels Old Library,Lawyers Brae should be able to shed light of it.. I had the same problem with my mothers birth cert which was altered because her mum died in childbrith and the subsequent entry was not put onto the computer even though it had been entered int the book of corrected entries. The local papers are the Border Telegraph and the Southern Reporter i believe both old records are kept at the Hub Record Office Hawick and a e-mail to them might get you your answers on line.
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders