Author Topic: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL  (Read 7500 times)

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL
« Reply #54 on: Friday 05 October 18 21:58 BST (UK) »
Yes  ;D and what did I get?  No Thomas, but the rest of the Gaffigan Clan.  Patrick, Mary, and John showed up in the 1861 census registration.  :'(

I ran it with the ages, rather than by name, as in John, eliminating everything but ages 1 through 3 on the census information.  I did that for each group (still no Thomas) using your asterisk's.

Using your asterisk would cost a bundle, which I do not have, were I to track each and every one that came up. For example, for John there were 263 hits in 4 categories.  For Thomas, 133 in 4 categories and Thomas became a hit this time.  But it wasn't anything different for the family unit.

Although it was a wild goose chase - IN THIS INSTANCE - it is a way to cross reference and look at those things that are so far away, and ancient, it should be done if you are not confident that something else will pop-up. >:(
Carroll, McCarroll, McCusker and McCosker from County Tyrone. Then there are Dillen for Derry, Gaffigan, McGaffigan, Crennan, and Amos.  Now adding: Leonard, Berry, and Gahagan from Strokestown, County Roscommon, also Gahigan, Hounihan, and Whonohan and another branch of Carrolls from County Cork.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL
« Reply #55 on: Friday 05 October 18 22:03 BST (UK) »
Well if you win the Lottery you'll know which Certs to order!   ;D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.