Author Topic: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL  (Read 10289 times)

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL
« Reply #54 on: Friday 05 October 18 21:58 BST (UK) »
Yes  ;D and what did I get?  No Thomas, but the rest of the Gaffigan Clan.  Patrick, Mary, and John showed up in the 1861 census registration.  :'(

I ran it with the ages, rather than by name, as in John, eliminating everything but ages 1 through 3 on the census information.  I did that for each group (still no Thomas) using your asterisk's.

Using your asterisk would cost a bundle, which I do not have, were I to track each and every one that came up. For example, for John there were 263 hits in 4 categories.  For Thomas, 133 in 4 categories and Thomas became a hit this time.  But it wasn't anything different for the family unit.

Although it was a wild goose chase - IN THIS INSTANCE - it is a way to cross reference and look at those things that are so far away, and ancient, it should be done if you are not confident that something else will pop-up. >:(
Carroll, McCarroll, McCusker and McCosker from County Tyrone. Then there are Dillen for Derry, Gaffigan, McGaffigan, Crennan, and Amos.  Now adding: Leonard, Berry, and Gahagan from Strokestown, County Roscommon, also Gahigan, Hounihan, and Whonohan and another branch of Carrolls from County Cork.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS sisters - MARY GAFFIGAN, ANNIE McKEE and ISABELLA CAMPBELL
« Reply #55 on: Friday 05 October 18 22:03 BST (UK) »
Well if you win the Lottery you'll know which Certs to order!   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.