Author Topic: Looking for O'GRADY/MOGGAN/HYNES  (Read 27335 times)

Offline Gensnr

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for O'GRADY/MOGGAN/HYNES
« on: Saturday 04 September 10 04:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of MALACHI O'GRADY, born abt 1826, Galway. Their names were PATRICK O'GRADY and MARGARET MOGGAN (according to the family search IGI).
I have no other information about them.
He married BEDELIA HYNES (BRIDGET) in abt 1861, in Galway.

I would also like information on her parents who are,JOHN HYNES and CATHLEEN HESSION (according to the IGI)

Any help would be appreciated.  :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for O'GRADY/MOGGAN/HYNES
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 10 09:24 BST (UK) »
The O'Grady record you mentioned on the IGI is submitted - so would need to be verified first. To search for early parish records you really need to know the family religion and the parish they lived in.

Note : not many RC parishes have records before 1830.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Leone13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 July 11 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am currently researching my family. my gg/father was patrick O'grady, son of Malachi and Bedelia O'grady.
Do you have any further information about the family.

My g/father was John Joseph (Jack O'grady), he migrated from New Zealand to Australia.

I would love to hear from you

Offline Gensnr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 04:21 BST (UK) »
Great to hear from you.
My Malachi (b1831) Galway m abt 1861 Bedelia/Bridget Hynes/Hynds (b1839) Galway.
Their children, were: John (1864) Patrick (1864) Mary (1864) Thomas (1868) Malachi (1870) Not sure if the first three are triplets or two born early in the year or one later in the year)
Bridget (1875) Timothy (1879)
My ancestor is John.
If this matches your information I can email you with more details.
 :)
Cheers,
Gensnr

Offline Leone13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 06:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

Great to hear from you.  My grandfather was John Joseph O'Grady who migrated to Australia where he married my gandmother.   His father was Patrick O'grady (born about 1862). Patrick's parents were Malachi O'Grady and Bodelia Hynes. 

Patrick married Mary Glassett (or Glassett) they had many children, my grandfather was one. The other son Ernest died in France about two weeks before the end of the war.  Mary died at the age of 33 (probably after having so many children).  Patrick remarried and had four more children.

It seems as though we come from the same family, where do you live.

I have just started researching my family, it is facination, especially my grandmother's family, there are a few skeletons there.  I would be grateful to see any details you may have.

Thanks for you response.  Lea

Offline bydahl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 August 11 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hello,
You can add some more relatives to the list, I am the GG Grandaughter of Patrick O'Grady & Mary Glassett, there is also another descendant I know of that lives in Sydney. I live in North Queensland & would love to keep in touch. I have quite a bit of the background of some of the family.
Warm regards Chris  :)

Offline Leone13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 01:48 BST (UK) »
Hi   

Good to hear from you, what branch of the family do you come from, I did not know much about my grandfather's family except that he came from New Zealand and I knew one great aunt, Muriel, that used to visit us. 

I would love to get in touch.  I live in Sancturary Point, which is south of Sydney, near Nowra. 

Would you love to have a good talk to your grandparents about their history.

Would like to hear from you. 

Lea

Offline bydahl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Lea,
My G Grandmother was Eileen Mary O'Grady Muriel's sister. She married Charles Edward Brown in NewZealand. My grandmother Kathleen Lauretta Brown went to school in Melbourne and married Lesley Arnold Moon. I to met Muriel when I was a small child.
I would love to keep in touch with all on this chat site as it appears we are all related. Funnily I never heard that there were any other members of the family living in Australia.
Regards Chris

Offline Leone13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 August 11 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Isn't it funny, my mother's name was Eileen.  maybe named after your grandmother.  I only knew that my Grandfather and is sister Muriel lived in Australia.  My mother did not say much about my grandfather's family except that he was born in New Zealand.  I have a photo of Muriel and one of her sisters, don't know which one. 

The whole family thing is facinating, I never knew that my G/g father was Scottish and his father was a ship captain until I started doing my research.  (This is on my G/M side), her family is facinating, convicts, women who had a number of relationship and a number of children and a death at sea.

It is amaging how much time it takes up

Lea