Author Topic: Ellen (Eleanor Matilda) Langridge  (Read 870 times)

Offline AlbertJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen (Eleanor Matilda) Langridge
« on: Monday 06 September 10 08:36 BST (UK) »
Ellen (Eleanor Matilda) Langridge according to the 1891 census born Eastbourne c1864 with relative James Langridge, also born Eastbourne c1876.  Searching census for links has proved difficult. The parish registers are not readily available and I live some miles from Eastbourne – any suggestions

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen (Eleanor Matilda) Langridge
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 September 10 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat
Can you tell us where they were living in 1891?   The full reference if possible.  I have looked on www.freebmd.org.uk for possible births registered in Eastbourne but can't see anything at the moment.
Regards
Andrea

Offline AlbertJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen (Eleanor Matilda) Langridge
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 September 10 12:57 BST (UK) »
Ellen Langridge according to the 1891 census was the wife of William Beaver (born Henry William) although no marriage certificate found living at 21 New Town Horsham.
Located 2 further children Henry 1893 and Albert Edward 1896 with William listed as deceased in 1896 but no trace on the 1901 or 1911 of the remaining family.
I have compiled a list of James Langridge from 1881 census and who was not living with his parents in 1891.  I am in the process of trying to cross check this with census records for Ellen Langridge but suspect I do not the whole story.  This is why I am trying to go down the Parish Record route

Hope you can help