Author Topic: Marriage lookup for Newport  (Read 19844 times)

Offline CdnQuery

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup for Newport
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 January 11 16:42 GMT (UK) »
A,

For Josiah & Elizabeth's offspring, I have:
Ellen Wilkinson 1861

Henrietta Wilkinson 1863
Mary Wilkinson 1867
Rhosa Wilkinson 1869
William Josiah Wilkinson 1871
Sara J. Wilkinson 1875 (I think she married a Wilkinson too)
Elizabeth Wilkinson 1878
Louise wilkinson 1881
Charles Wilkinson 1882

So the Charles Lynton descended from was born in 1882.

I have been researching the Hong Kong newspapers on line, dating back to 1838 and there is mention of Ellen Wilkinson.  Is she the Ellen Wilkinson that was a member of Parliament?

Looking forward to the private posting.
M.

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 January 11 21:20 GMT (UK) »
I have

Ellen c Christmas Day 1760 married Noah Rees at Pontipridd district June 1876. She was named after her Grandmother Ellen nee Rhodes, an Irishwoman born Dublin).
Henrietta c 10 January 1863 married Edward Treherne Franklin at Coventry September 1886.
Mary c 17 February 1767 married Robert Brickwell at Coventry Dcemeber 1888.
Rosina c 18 April 1869 married Robert Hutchinson at Foleshill June 1889.
William Josiah c 4 June 1871 married Dorica Pereira in Hong Kong.
Jane Sarah b 1875 - have not found a marriage as yet. One possibly in 1891.
Elizabeth b June 1877 -  Marriage not found for sure. Possible 1897.
Louise born 23 February 188- married Idris Jones, December 1900 Pontipridd.
Charles Henry born December 1882 married Margaret Ellen Morgan September 1902 Pontipridd.

Have not heard about the politician.
Al

Offline lost in the orient

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Just found this site and not sure how to post. My Mother Marjorie Elizabeth COOK nee WILKINSON is the Daughter of Frederick & Beatrice WILKINSON formerly of Hong Kong, now residing Australia.  Her Brothers are Frederick WILKINSON (dec'd), Brian Arthur WILKINSON (Dec'd), Maurice Wilkinson, Sisters Joyce WALL nee WILKINSON (Dec'd), Maureen BROWN Nee WILKINSON(Dec'd)  Joan WILKINSON (dec'd UK).  The whole family being inturned in Stanley Prison in Hong Kong during WW2 by the Japanese.  if someone can give me some clues in which direction to go, would be appreciated.

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I am sure CdnQuery will get to you soon, she has all the facts of the family line and appears to be directly linked to your Hong Kong line.
Al

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 23 February 11 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Al, you have restored my confidence, I await with baited breath.

Offline CdnQuery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 25 February 11 05:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Your mother, Marjorie, and my mother Dorothy are cousins.  My mother was always called 'Girlie' so if you ever heard your mother mention a cousin 'Girlie' that would be her.

Mum speaks of Auntie Beattie all the time - she was one of her favourite aunts.  I have been in touch with Louise (Brown) who, if I have it right, is married to Robert, your Aunty Maureen's son.  I found a posting just before Christmas 2010 that she made in 2007 asking about Dora Wilkinson.  When I came across it I was searching Hong Kong history during World War II when the posting jumped out at me.

I have sent Louise some photographs that I had of the Wilkinson family in Hong Kong.  If you would like copies of it Louise could probably send it to you as I think you are in contact with her.  If you are not in contact with her I could forward it to you as well.

There are other cousins in Australia, my mother's sister Patricia, her brother David and her sister Angeline also reside in Australia with their families.  My grandfather and grandmother, William Robert Wilkinson, immigrated to Australia around 1960 I believe.  Uncle David and Aunty Angel went with them.  Aunty Pat, Uncle George and their three children immigrated quite a few years later.

Keep in touch, happy to meet you!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 25 February 11 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Just off the phone from Marjorie (Mum). She remembers your Mum Dorothy and said she was very pretty and was living nearby in Hong Kong, but her memory is going as she's in her late 70's now.  I knew George WHITE and Patsy and their sons Noel and Junior, Noel is an Ambo in Queensland and married to Janet the last I heard.  No idea on Junior or his whereabouts, George passed away early to mid 80's.  Have a photo of William Josiah Snr with his 11 children in HGK.  Don't know how to post it or how to e-mail, can send if you want it. * if that helps.  Don't know if I can post e-mails, soon find out! Please keep in touch., M.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline CdnQuery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 25 February 11 06:28 GMT (UK) »
My Mum is 88 and her memory is going fast as well.  Strange though, she remembers a lot from the past but something we discussed this morning she will have forgotten

If the photo you mentioned has Great Grandfather holding the hand of the youngest child (Jimmy I believe) and all the other children standing in a row from youngest to eldest (my grandfather) then I have that copy.  Actually I sent a copy of it to Louise Brown via email before Christmas.

I will email you with another photograph I have and also a wedding announcement in the Hong Kong Daily Mail that described Auntie Beattie and Uncle Freddie's wedding, it was really interesting.

Take care,
M.

Offline zekestone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 05 March 11 07:32 GMT (UK) »
--------------- >  CdnQuery

What an amazing coincidence...................we seem to have the same mother !   =)