Author Topic: 1871 census entry - but already dead? - completed  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Kg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 census entry - but already dead?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 September 10 16:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the welcome and thank you all for being so thorough!

All the facts point to Ann Eliza that she died unmarried, so this William and Ann must be friends to Francis rather than relatives as I first thought.

Thanks again everyone, one puzzle down several more to go ;)

Should I edit the title of this thread to say it is solved?

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 census entry - but already dead?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 September 10 16:21 BST (UK) »

Should I edit the title of this thread to say it is solved?

If you edit so as to add "Completed" to the title, the moderators will tidy it into the right place :)
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline apw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 census entry - but already dead? - completed
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Rootschat and Kirsty  :)

I only came across rootschat a couple of days ago and have just found this thread!

It looks as though you have solved what happened to Anne, but I have some more information that might be of interest to you Kirsty - Francis Wilson Heath is my 3 x great grandfather and we have his death certificate and will! His son William was my 2 x great grandfather.

The first will we have was 1864, then he updated it in 1872 - giving very precise details of what was to be done with his various funds and properties. Incidentally neither will included his sister Anne, though I guess if she died in 1864 that could have been what prompted him to write his will in the first place. Do you know what date Anne died? - the will was written on 18th July 1864.

Also, from the information we have, it seems as though Francis Wilson Heath's mother was indeed Anne Heath, but his father was not Richard... I am not sure if you are aware of this Kirsty, but there's some very interesting revelations that have been passed down the family, would be great to share all of this with you  :)

Alison

Offline Kg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 16:05 BST (UK) »
Alison,

Thank you for your reply, I have sent you a personal message in hope that we can share some information. If William is your 2xgreat grandfather then we definitely close family!

Offline apw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 August 11 20:53 BST (UK) »
Very exciting stuff! I sent you a personal message a few days ago Kirsty, hope to hear from you soon. Alison  :)

Offline tnwolf1762

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 October 11 21:15 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure if your Ann Eliza Gresham is mine but if so she was my great-gradfather's aunt. the family is listed in the 1860 census,
which was after my ggreat-grandfather had moved to his own farm. Here is the 1860 Williamson Co. TN census;

[Hartwell Grisham]
Birth:  dd mm 1789 - Virginia, USA
Death:  date - city, Williamson, Tennessee, USA
Marriage:  date 26 Nov., 1831 - city, Halifax, Virginia
Spouse:  Elizabeth P. surname: Boyd 

1860 Census

Hartwell  Grisham   70
Elizabeth Grisham   49
Thomas    Grisham   15
Robert    Grisham   11
Henery    Grisham    7
Charles   Grisham    1
Joseph A. Grisham   17
Eljah     Woolf     44
Ann Eliza Gresham Woolf 28 born 1832 VA.
Hope This Helps
and if we're family let me know!

Mike

Offline elizabethflynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 17 September 17 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hello,

So excited to read this post and I believe we are related!

Richard Heath is my 4 x great grandfather.

His daughter Maria Heath (who married Edgar Wickham) is my 3 x great grandmother. I also saw in a marriage document that Maria Heath's marriage was solemnized in the presence of Francis Wilson Heath. I would be interested to know how they are related as I presumed they were siblings. Richard Heath was deceased at the time of Maria Heath's marriage.

Maria Heath had one daughter Julia Wickham who is my 2 x great grandmother.

Julia Wickham had 6 children, one being Julie Adelaide Elizabeth Ramsay Cox who is my great grandmother.

She lived in Blackheath, NSW Australia and had 3 children Mary Gladys, Dorothy and Rupert. Mary Gladys was my grandmother.

I also heard a 'family myth' about the Heaths being connected to Colonel Blood and receiving pension money as a result? If you know any more would be very interested to know. The furthest I can go back is to Richard Heath.

Offline tnwolf1762

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 September 17 19:28 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth,
I'm still unsure about your Gresham family but if you will email me I'll send you some documents and data that may help you to place yours in or out of my direct Gresham line. Knowing that we are related if only in a cousin line since Edward and his brother John Gresham were the 2 original immigrants to America.
 I'll also give you the address of my cousin who is the director of our Gresham, Grisham, Grissom Family site where you my find other family if I'm not in your direct line. No one else has found mine in their direct lines.

Mike (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline sjguk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 14 January 19 13:18 GMT (UK) »
I have only just found Roots Chat and am also researching this line. Francis Wilson Heath is my 3G Grandfather through his first born Alfred Power.  I have found, as others said that his sister Ann died unmarried and childless. I have not yet found any family connection with William Gresham but he is a key character in the story...
I would be very interested in making contact with others and sharing information.
Kind regards
Sarah