Author Topic: McGRORY  (Read 1187 times)

Offline winniep

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
McGRORY
« on: Wednesday 06 April 05 12:05 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my great grandparents John McGrory and Mary Mcgrory I think the originally came from eith culdaff. I have my great grandmothers death certificate she was 52years old when she died in scotland. any information would be appreciated

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: McGRORY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Winniep

Welcome to RootsChat!  ;)

Are you able to give any approximate dates to help us narrow it down?

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline winniep

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 April 05 08:36 BST (UK) »
The death certificate I have for my great grandmother says she died 01/01/1918 in scotland. I dont know when or how they got here but her parents were James Farren and Ann Farren m.s. Doherty. My grandmother who was called Margaret was apparently born in derry around 1899/1900? a family member seems to think that they originally came from the culdaff area of donegal

any information would be appreciated

thanks

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 July 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
I once knew a John and Vera Mc Grory who lived next door in to me in Hucknall Notts the early 1950's, they came from Maryhill In Glasgow, settled in Hucknall for a while and then moved to Calverton Notts....John and Vera had 6 children, I know one son, Ken, still lives in Calverton Notts.....John's family came from Ireland and settled in Scotland - he was born in 1924, the youngest of 3 boys, James, Joseph and John.....they were put in an orphanage possible in the 1920's when their mother died, Joe and John stayed in Notts, James stayed in Scotland........could these be the same people ?....