Author Topic: Fishers in Cheshire/Dublin  (Read 6298 times)

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fishers in Cheshire/Dublin
« on: Monday 13 September 10 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me. Would you do me a very big favour in looking up any of these following ancestors who were all living in Cheshire during 1918.

( 1 ) Charles Edward Fisher born Dublin 22.03.1896
( 2 ) Robert Henry White Fisher born Dublin 15.11.1897
( 3 ) Walter Nesbit Fisher born Dublin 31.05.1899
( 4 ) Evangeline Booth Fisher born Dublin 08.11.1900
( 5 ) Kezian Eveline Fisher  ( Kezi ) born Dublin 22.07.1903
( 6 ) William Edward Fisher Born Cheshire 1905
( 7 ) Elizabeth Kathleen W.Fisher born Cheshire 1908
( 8 ) Gorden Redfern Fisher born Cheshire 1910

Their father was William Edward Fisher and their mother was Elizabeth Fisher ( nee Williamson )
Any details you obtain regarding ( 1 ) marrages ( 2 ) deaths ( 3 ) children and ( 4 ) address would be very gratefully received.
Ponsford/Pounsford/Pounceford in Somerset (Spaxton mainly) and Cardiff

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fishers in Cheshire/Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 September 10 14:08 BST (UK) »
CheshireBMD has the following possible marriages:
1923 Charles Edward to Emmeline Meakin at Stockport, St Mary
1928 Robert H W to Hilda M Heskitt at Runcorn, civil
nothing Walter N, Evangeline B, Kezian E, William E, Elizabeth K,

http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/cgi/marrind.cgi

UKBMD will enable you to search more areas and FreeBMD has reasonable coverage into the 30s now:
http://www.ukbmdsearch.org.uk/index.php
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

For children of these marriages as they could be alive RootsChat prefers us not to post details. FreeBMD allows searches using father's surname & mother's maiden name which would produce those so far transcribed.

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 September 10 14:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, I am helping my Uncle out with this. I have done my own tree in the UK to a degree but haven't had experience with Irish records yet. I have now got the Birth indexes for all of these. That marriage is useful, thanks!

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline simonbmr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 January 11 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sponsford

Robert Henry White Fisher was my mother's father.  He died when she was only 3 months old, and she never knew much about him.  She always said she thought he was Irish, but my own investigations never managed to get any proof of this, in fact the only detail I ever found was his father being a Customs Officer.

If you have any further information I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Robinsons of Northwich, Almonds of Chorlton, Fishers of Dublin and Cheshire, Hesketts of Monkwearmouth and Buzzas of Truro

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Simonbmr - welcome to RootsChat. I hope Sponsford will be able to get back to you - he/she hasn't been on this site for a few weeks, so I've sent a personal message (PM) to them about the thread. As you're a newcomer you need to have made three valid posts before you can do this (a response on this thread would count as a second post).

In the meantime I'll add the link to the National Archives guide to researching Customs Officers in case it is of interest:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/customs-officer.htm?WT.lp=rg-3174

Best wishes!

Offline simonbmr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you for the warm welcome.  I was astonished when I found the thread.  I have been trying to track down my mum's dad for years, and I just thought I would try Googling his name one more time, and low and behold!

Thanks again.
Robinsons of Northwich, Almonds of Chorlton, Fishers of Dublin and Cheshire, Hesketts of Monkwearmouth and Buzzas of Truro

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Simon,

This is my Mothers side of the family tree and my Uncle is working on that bit I have been working on my Fathers tree.

Where do you want to go with Robert? He is my mother's father's half-brother. I have a lot of information on the rest of our part of the tree but I don't have anything more on what happened to Robert, I can ask my Uncle if he has any more information though.

I will let you know if there is any more info.

Stew

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline simonbmr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stew

Thanks for replying.

I see you are from Southampton, so am I.  My parents moved down here from Manchester in the 50s.

I have applied for a copy of Robert's birth certificate from Dublin, so hopefully that will give me more information on his mum and dad.  The family story my mother told was that after Robert died, Hilda, my grandmother, my mum nad her sister all moved in with Robert's family in London.  hence our confusion over Ireland.  Subsequently my grandmother and mother went to work for a family in Derby, leaving my mum's sister with family in London.  As William Heskett was dead by 1928, when Robert and Hilda married, I can only assume the family in London were from Catherine's side, but she was born in Co. Tyrone?  Did she remarry?

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Simon,

That is a coincidence we are both in Southampton. My parents moved here from Wales in the 80's. My Uncle has done a lot of research and I have some stuff he sent me in the past regarding William Edward Fisher, I will see if I can find that.

Stew

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne