Author Topic: Le Friec Family  (Read 9944 times)

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Le Friec Family
« on: Tuesday 14 September 10 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hello
Has anyone got any info on the Le Friec family of St Peters Port Guernsey. I am looking in particular for Yves born c. 1861 in France and his wife Mary Ann or Marianne born c. 1868 also in France. They ended up in St Peters Port as all their children were born there. I believe they had about 7 children. Several of the boys joinrd the army and I think Yves was a gardener.
Any help gratefully recieved
Thanks Heather

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Le Friec Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 21:15 BST (UK) »
They are in Guernsey at the time of the 1901 Census, but their surname was spelt incorrectly on the Census as Le Fevrice instead of Le Friec.

It is correct by the time of the 1911 Census and tallies with the data below, but the 1911 Census data cannot be posted on here.

Yes they did live in St Peter Port.  (a lot of people think it is St Peters Port, but it is in fact St Peter without the 's' on the end)

1901 Census 7, Upper Mansell Street, St Peter Port, Guernsey

LE FEVRICE, Yves M     Head     Married     M     41     1860      Gardener
   B France F S    

LE FEVRICE, Mary Ann    Wife    Married    F    33    1868    
B   France F S    

LE FEVRICE, Henri    Son       M    6    1895    
B Guernsey, FS

LE FEVRICE, Ernest    Son    M    5          1896    
B   Guernsey, F S

LE FEVRICE, Louise    Daughter    F    4    1897    
B  Guernsey, F S

LE FEVRICE, Yves    Son    M    2            1899    
B   Guernsey, F S

LE FEVRICE, Eugenie Daughter F    1    1900    
B Guernsey, F S

Two further sons were born in St Peter Port Guernsey

Lucien Le Friec 1902
Francois Le Friec 1905
Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 09:43 BST (UK) »

Many thanks for that.
Heather

Offline Nicola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 March 12 14:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for info on Pierre Marie Yves Le Friec b1832  France and his brother Jean Marie Yves Le Friec b 1829 France. I believe their parents are Jean Marie Le Friec and Ann Marie Joanny. I think they may be related to the Le Friec family you are researching, Heather.

Regards, Nicola
Northam, Billing(s), Trickey, Sprague, Woodbury, Hallett, Pike, Stamp, Hart All Devon Somerset area.
 Hastie, Tait, Clark, Bryson, Edminson, Burgon,  Dickson, Adamson, Hendry, JeffreyAll Berwick area.
Archer, Purdy, Pitts, Grooms, Lomax, Smith, Poulton, Luddington, Daniels, Atkinson all Tottenham area

Offline can can

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 April 12 14:17 BST (UK) »
Wondering how far back you go.....I always thought the LF's came from the Ardennes region.....maybe a mistake but I think they headed to the North coast of Brittany as a possible  result of the French revolution  in 1848?

A long time ago (30 years approx) a nun from Notre Dame Church told me that one large LF family all died in a fire in a house in Finistere, from records she looked up for me.....stopped looking into this a long time ago, but I happened upon this website....I,m an LF 3 gen from Yves....love to know where you got to with it...

JC

Offline amnlarbs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 September 12 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hello
Has anyone got any info on the Le Friec family of St Peters Port Guernsey. I am looking in particular for Yves born c. 1861 in France and his wife Mary Ann or Marianne born c. 1868 also in France. They ended up in St Peters Port as all their children were born there. I believe they had about 7 children. Several of the boys joinrd the army and I think Yves was a gardener.
Any help gratefully recieved
Thanks Heather

Hello Heather...at last I can reply, have been trying to understand how to join this bliming thing all night, must jot down pass words. Well I may have some news for you, but I 'm not as good as my mum who sadly passed away 2 years ago Oct. My birth name is Anne-Marie Le Friec, born in St.Peter Port Guernsey, My father is * Le Friec, now 83, and Yves is a very big name in our family.in fact my mother tells me that I may have been Yvette after my Great Grandfather, originally I belive to be from Scotland..border, Berwick?  We have family in Berwick, now Norris, My mother 's family I belive originated from Sark..Torode, my granny was Winifed Torode, and she married into the Howlett family.. then my mum Daphne Howlett married * Le Friec,  I do belive I have some burial newspaper cuttingd of I think is either my grandfathers funeral...or Great granfather's, I could scan them and pass them on to you, I have all the family pics. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards
Anne-Marie Narbett

ps, I should ad, I found this site quite by accident...I hope its a good omen. x

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 March 18 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in any info on Yves Marie Le Friec b. c 1860 France and his wife Maryann b France. In 1901 census they are living in St Peter port Guernsey. Yves is a gardener. I know their son Yves b. 1899 joined the army and was at some point stationed in Berwick on tweed Northumberland. I wondered if any one had any  info on his siblings or where and when his parents died. I know Yves married in Berwick on Tweed and I think had 3 children.
many thanks

Offline Jeanie Ology

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 14:37 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in any info on Yves Marie Le Friec b. c 1860 France and his wife Maryann b France. In 1901 census they are living in St Peter port Guernsey. Yves is a gardener. I know their son Yves b. 1899 joined the army and was at some point stationed in Berwick on tweed Northumberland. I wondered if any one had any  info on his siblings or where and when his parents died. I know Yves married in Berwick on Tweed and I think had 3 children.
many thanks
I am a descendant of Yves Mari Le Friec who was born 18th Feb 1859 at Saint Clet, Cotes du Nord, Brittany. Yves mother was Catherine Pasquiou (or perhaps Jasguiou), father Guillaume Le F. I believe Yves left for Jersey and then settled in Guernsey for the rest of his life, where he died in December 1944.
He married Marie Anne Trebuy known in Guernsey as Trubuil. The family moved to Les Fauconnaires in St Andrew at some point. I think the children from Yves and Marie Anne were; Yves, Lucian (Steve), Francois (Frank), Ernest, Harold (Harry) Marie Louise (Louie) and Leontine (Ling). Louie is my Grandmother.

Offline heathera1940

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 February 20 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this information. My mother was born and until her marriage in 1932 lived in Berwick. My father was in the army in Berwick with Yves Le Friec.b. 1899. . Yves married a girl from Berwick.  My mother often spoke of Yves . I know he was one of 12 children, all I think born in  Peter Port.  Any info on  any of his siblings appreciated
Many Thanks
Heather