Author Topic: Jauncey/Lipscomb family bible  (Read 6146 times)

Offline student

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jauncey/Lipscomb family bible
« on: Tuesday 14 September 10 22:16 BST (UK) »
Found in a charity shop.
Inscription on the first page -
ALFRED AND ELIZABETH JAUNCEY
FROM REV. E WYATT EDSELL(?)
MINISTER OF NORTH CRAY 1842

It lists children born between 1840 and 1851 Jane, Robert (married Mary Ann Curtis), Alfred (married Mary Ann Howard, Alice (married Joseph Stevens), Harriott (married George Lipscomb), Eliza (married Joseph Quemby).

Final entries are of the Lipscomb family.

I should like to return this to anyone who has an interest in these families.  Please get in touch.

Offline MaryFMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jauncey/Lipscomb family bible
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,
That's a lovely discovery, thanks for posting this!  These are my great great grandparents via their daughter Eliza, m Joseph Quemby.  The year is interesting, as their son Robert was born in North Cray in 1842.  Others were born in Lewisham/Forest Hill, except Harriet who was in Sydenham.  I'm in touch with several other researching descendants, and I'm sure we'd like to share it!  Would you please get in touch with a private message?
McLoughlin, Galsworthy, Latham, Quemby, Kirkland, Yates, Jauncey, Tester, Rainford, Nolan, Steventon, Harding, Baughan, Morrison, McVoran, Sinclair, McArthur, Lindsay, Wilson (Ayrshire), Stevenson (Ayrshire); MyPartner's research names: Bodman, Denison, Gledden, Dunn, Mitchell, Bartram, Pickard, Toas, Barff, Deighton, Addyman

Offline PeterM3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 October 14 20:49 BST (UK) »
As part of my research trying to find my Curtis ancestor, I have built up a spreadsheet of all(i Hope) the Curtis's in the Aberton/Langenhoe/Layer de la Haye area and this includes Mary Ann Curtis born c 1842.

If you find a home for the bible I am happy to forward the spreadsheet and appropriate certificates to that party.

Regards,

peterM

Offline MaryFMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 October 14 21:46 BST (UK) »
PeterM3,
I now have this old family bible; my specific interest is in the Jauncey/Quemby branch but descendants of Mary Ann Curtis would be related to me, so do you want to send me a message?
Mary
McLoughlin, Galsworthy, Latham, Quemby, Kirkland, Yates, Jauncey, Tester, Rainford, Nolan, Steventon, Harding, Baughan, Morrison, McVoran, Sinclair, McArthur, Lindsay, Wilson (Ayrshire), Stevenson (Ayrshire); MyPartner's research names: Bodman, Denison, Gledden, Dunn, Mitchell, Bartram, Pickard, Toas, Barff, Deighton, Addyman