Author Topic: Bunting (Worthen)  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Helen Dann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bunting (Worthen)
« on: Wednesday 06 April 05 17:50 BST (UK) »
This morning I received birth certificates confirming the maiden names of both of my Bunting GG Grandparents, but I can find no trace of them either at Ancestry or the LDS site (or on the pay-per-view BMD site I use). If anyone is researching Shropshire (Worthen) Buntings, can you shed any light?

I know that Frederick Bunting married Emily Bunting (they were cousins) in 1885. I now know that Emily's parents were William Bunting and Elizabeth Bunting (so I assume that William and Elizabeth were also related).

Frederick's father, James Bunting (the family name is given as Bunton on the 1871 census), married an Ann Jones, born c.1835, although on one census her birthplace is given as Llanrihadir, and in another it's Worthen. I have found all these people on the 1871-1901 censuses (the only ones to which I currently have access) but I can't understand why I can't seem to find any trace of their birth or marriage records!
Bunting - Worthen (SAL)
Williams - Much Wenlock (SAL)
Dabbs - Dudley/Wellington
Hall - Munslow/Eaton-Under-Heywood (SAL)
Jones - Pontesbury (SAL)
Dadicott/Dorricott - Westbury (SAL)
Kidson/Kitson - Ditton Priors/Morville (SAL)
Wood - Stottesden/Cleobury Mortimer (SAL)
Wright - Ellesmere/Oswestry (SAL)
Payne - Oswestry (SAL)
Cooper - Abdon/Clee St Margaret (SAL)
Bradney - Pontesbury (SAL)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Bunting (Worthen)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 September 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
Found this on Free BMD:

Marriages Jun Quarter 1885

Bunting  Emily           Forden  11b 313   
Bunting  Frederick     Forden  11b 313

Forden

Created 1st July 1870 (renaming of Montgomery district). Mainly in Montgomeryshire, but included parts of Shropshire.
Sub-districts : Chirbury; Montgomery; Welshpool.
GRO volumes : 11b (1870-1930).
Aston, Berriew, Castle Caereinion, Castlewright, Churchstoke, Cletterwood, Cyfronydd, Forden, Hope, Leighton, Llandysil, Llanmerewig, Middletown, Montgomery, Rhosgoch, Trelystan, Trewern, Uppington, Welshpool (Pool).
Registers now divided between Welshpool & Llanfyllin and Clun districts.

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 September 05 23:48 BST (UK) »
I had a look at the 1861 Montgomeryshire census as parts of Worthen appear on there, and found the following:

A Margaret Buntin (think it should be Bunting) age 18 is a house servant for a Grocer in Worthen.  She was born in Worthen.

Sampson Bunting age 21 a Waggoner, but listed as servant, in Chirbury.  He was born in Worthen.

From the 1851 Montgomeryshire census:

Another Servant, Margaret Bunting age 16, Housemaid at Mellington Hall, Churchstoke.  She was born in Worthen.

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline raggybag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 August 09 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi I have Buntings from Worthen in my tree, later on the name changed from Bunting to Benting,which was my Moms maiden name

Offline Chris88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 August 18 08:23 BST (UK) »
I also have buntings in my family same area same people

Offline Chris88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 August 18 19:06 BST (UK) »
This morning I received birth certificates confirming the maiden names of both of my Bunting GG Grandparents, but I can find no trace of them either at Ancestry or the LDS site (or on the pay-per-view BMD site I use). If anyone is researching Shropshire (Worthen) Buntings, can you shed any light?

I know that Frederick Bunting married Emily Bunting (they were cousins) in 1885. I now know that Emily's parents were William Bunting and Elizabeth Bunting (so I assume that William and Elizabeth were also related).

Frederick's father, James Bunting (the family name is given as Bunton on the 1871 census), married an Ann Jones, born c.1835, although on one census her birthplace is given as Llanrihadir, and in another it's Worthen. I have found all these people on the 1871-1901 censuses (the only ones to which I currently have access) but I can't understand why I can't seem to find any trace of their birth or marriage records!

James bunting and Ann Jones are the same people in my tree on ancestry DNA

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 August 18 08:47 BST (UK) »
Helen has not been on here since 2007. If she still has the same email address she may have been notified of your post.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chris88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 August 18 22:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for letting me know :)

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 07:49 BST (UK) »
For anyone interested in the Bunting family I have the following entries on my website - clwydsurnames.org.uk.

Chirk 24 Feb 1827 bap/o Anne Bunting d/o George (poor traveller) & Eleanor, of Shrewsbury
Mold 9 Oct 1826 mar by Banns of George Bunting & Elinor Davies both otp
                                     Wits: James Cockburn, Elizth Johnson
Llangollen 28 Jun 1855 bur/o Thomas Chalkly Bunting, aged 44, of Llangollen Fawr
                                 (from Philadelphia, America)
Gresford Mis: Guy W. W. Bunting, died 13 Jun 1991, aged 82 years