Author Topic: Samuel James Theodore THICKNESS & Emily Sarah Euphemia SIEVERS  (Read 15038 times)

Offline Julianne Smallwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel James Theodore THICKNESS & Emily Sarah Euphemia SIEVERS
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 22 September 18 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil,

Yes I can fill in some gaps for you and I am wondering if you are the Neil that compiled the Chappezeau family History 🤔

Not sure about the Grady's but could maybe find them when I get home as currently in Bath 🇬🇧
Exact dates also you will have to wait for but will definitely fill you in so keep an eye on this chat 🤗

Horace George Weigand married Margaret Isabella Thicknesse
Frederick Charles Mead
married Nancy Isabella Thicknesse Weigand
Herbert Matthew Brown
married Hazel June Mead
Barry Royston Mead
married Pamela Cranny
Hilton Weigand
married Hilda Spinks
2ndly
married Hilda Lenore Richards
James Lillington
married Sylvia Weigand
Frederick Weigand
married Daisy
William Weigand
married Enid
2ndly
married Wendy

My parents Hazel and Herbert Brown
Ross Marshall
married Jennifer Cheryl Brown
Paul Smallwood
married Julianne Brown
Gerard Devine
married Joanne Leasa Brown
Guillermo Gomez
married Rebecca Margaret Louise Brown

I hope that fills in a few blanks for you can do more but will need to check when I am home
Cheers Julianne 🤗

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 23 September 18 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thats great thanks! I am attempting to track all descendants of Samuel Chappuzeau (1625-1701), and your family are amongst them
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 23 September 18 11:04 BST (UK) »
Emily Sarah Sievers was the sister of my g-g-grandmother Ronella Aldina Emma Garner, nee Sievers.
Several other members of the family ended up in Australia, including Edward Johnstone Sievers, who was Land Valuer General of New South Wales, and was responsible for purchasing the land on which Sydney Harbour stands. Edward was a grandson of John William, one of Sarah's brothers.
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 23 September 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Emily Sarah Sievers was the sister of my g-g-grandmother Ronella Aldina Emma Garner, nee Sievers.
Several other members of the family ended up in Australia, including Edward Johnstone Sievers, who was Land Valuer General of New South Wales, and was responsible for purchasing the land on which Sydney Harbour stands. Edward was a grandson of John William, one of Sarah's brothers.

Pavane mentions E J SIEVERS ... here is his Obituary from the Sydney Morning Herald 16 July 1932  https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/16903557

The V-General found the funds for the purchase of foreshore frontages from Pyrmont to Dawes Point, including The Rocks    ;)  ;)   

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 23 September 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
Sadly, his son Nowell Johnstone Sievers, a brilliant scholar, was killed in WWI, shortly after he had started work for the Times

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 23 September 18 12:16 BST (UK) »
I am also in touch with Peter Bates in Australia, grandson of Edward Sievers' brother Ernest

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 24 September 18 07:53 BST (UK) »
It seems an amazing coincidence that E.J.Sievers's direct ancestor Samuel Chappuzeau wrote, in 1669, a play called "Les eaux de Pirmont", or "The waters of Pirmont" (a place in Germany).