Author Topic: Aaron Charles Wilson  (Read 3178 times)

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Aaron Charles Wilson
« on: Wednesday 06 April 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
 I am trying to find out about my grandfather's service history in the army during WW1.
 His name was Aaron Charles Wilson born Dec 1896. He joined the Somerset Light Infantry, I have been into the Archives site  and just go cross eyed. the other person I am trying to find out about is a Herbert John Alfred Lait, but I have no information of what regement he served with, all I do know is  on his marriage certificate  June 1918, it states he was  a Soldier. Can somewon help

many Thanks Ken

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron Charles Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 April 05 13:53 BST (UK) »
Go into http://www.documentsonline.nationalarchives.gov.uk/browse-refine.asp?CatID=10&searchType=browserefine&pagenumber=1&query=*&queryType=1

And enter your rellies names- there is one Herbert Lait but he has the worng second initial.

You can only get service history at Kew at the National Archives,so if you are not able to get there,you might consider paying someone from the Nat Archives website to do the look ups for you.They are not too expensive ;D cos they know exactly what they are loking for.

If they had served in Canada in WW1 that would have been different.They have online all the attestation papers of all those who served in the war.Often you get parents or wives names- brilliant website.

Good luck

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk