Author Topic: Lindsell/Linsell/Lynsell surname  (Read 23954 times)

Offline Jeff Guyett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lindsell/Linsell/Lynsell surname
« Reply #72 on: Monday 15 February 21 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
I was wondering where the census was ,, William Linsell left they army in May 1861 on the return of the 70 Foot from India (those that did not go to New Zealand)

Can you make out what the Condition is?... did they ship the return on in quarantine?
I cant find Hannah in the 1871 census did she die or marry?

thanks Jeff
GUYETT, GUYATT, OAKLEY, BIRD, MILLWARD, Hancey, SHORTLAND, GLASS, Hewitt, Fabian, OAKLEY, LINSELL, Stone. JEFFERY, SAUNDERS, DEWEY

Offline boxoffrogs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 15 February 21 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeff,

it's a curious one isn't it - have saved a copy of 1861C, just trying to work out how I can share with you.
I haven't been able to trace Hannah either.
Currently I'm working on a theory that William's parents were John Lyndsell (b1795 Braintree/Sarah Ann Tyler b1792 poss Braintree). They have children from 1815-1827 but all the others are non-conformist. Can't work out why one would be different. However he is not William of Finchingfield 1821 or Great Canfield 1826, both have census appearances when William is in Braintree 1871C and it's clearly him on the census with wife no.2 from Ireland.
Sue
Essex/Suffolk and further afield where linked - Partridge, Elliott, Beckwith, Lewsey, Owers, Appelton, Josselyn, Sewell, Lindsell and loads of others!

Offline Jeff Guyett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Friday 29 December 23 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Back again
Hannah dies aged 17 - they where in the 1861 census in Chatham (after returning from India)

I have found this tree on Ancestry - Hes mother maybe Sarah Ann TLYER b1782 -d1881 and is married 3 times, she marries John Linsell in Aug 1814 in Bocking (her 1st Marriage) John dies in 1834.
the Wedding Cert)1845 in Manchester) of William Linsell say hes father is John (but not deceased- when was this required?) 

any thoughts. thanks
GUYETT, GUYATT, OAKLEY, BIRD, MILLWARD, Hancey, SHORTLAND, GLASS, Hewitt, Fabian, OAKLEY, LINSELL, Stone. JEFFERY, SAUNDERS, DEWEY