Author Topic: CLIBBORN  (Read 7686 times)

Offline TLB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: CLIBBORN
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,
Thanks the more and more I look at this I am coming to the conclusion that we have in fact found the right Mr Clibborn. Whilst the Grubbs owned Anner Mills, I have discoverd they owned some 20+ other mills in the area, so a very wealthy family. Bits and pieces are beginning to slot in place but what I need is Mary's date of death as I think this may have been also recorded in Clonmel, also, did she have any other christian name.

Regarding my wife's family, the problem we have is that their are no living relatives on that side of the family and all we know is Annie's maiden name was Breen, and we are not sure if they came from New Ross but I suspect it was. As  I said an impossible task
Byrne, Whelan, Sweeney. Marlfield & Clonmel
Cullen,  Breen.  New Ross
Hambrook, Essex
Broughton, London
Cole, London
Mills, London

Offline Ulpha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 October 10 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I think the Oliver Clibborn you referred to as being born in 1894 is Arthur Sydney Oliver Clibborn (1894-1966) born in Buenos Aires.  He had a son Arthur Oliver Clibborn (1922-2004) who died in Washing ton State.  The elder of these two was a son of Percy James Clibborn (1853-1947).  He was born in Moate, Westmeath, Ireland and died in Portland Oregon.  He was a Salvation Army officer.  See: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=Clibborn&I11.x=31&I11.y=7

This is not my web site, but some of my research is included there.

I have done a fair bit of research on the Clibborn family, but I do not have a Mary born in 1832 in Tipperary.  I do not think Mary is a daughter of John Barclay Clibborn Elizabeth Grubb.  They were married in 1800 and had 15 children into the 1820's.

Regards,

David.

Offline Ulpha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 October 10 05:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

You mentioned a Rob Clibborn living close to you with a Clibborn family tree going back many generations.  I also have a large Clibborn family tree drawn many years ago and I have heard there are copies of this tree about.  I would be interested to know about the tree and also about Rob's story  - ie. which branch of the Clibborns he belongs to.  Is he interested in sharing his genealogy information?

If his Clibborn tree goes back hundreds of years in Ireland, I am pretty sure I am related to him one way or another.

Regards,

David.

Offline cateb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 September 11 04:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm new around here and came across your posts.  I don't know if you are still researching, but I think we are looking at the same people.  I don't know whether your father's memory is fuzzy or there are two similar names, but Mary Clibborn married Robert Mark Noble RUFF (Cluff - a mix of clibborn and ruff?) in Switzers New Zealand.  They had a child Elizabeth Ann Ruff who is my great grandma.

Good luck

Offline Clibborn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 December 21 06:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam. Arthur Sidney Oliver Clibborn  known as Oliver born 3.11.1894 Buenos Aires  died 18.11.1966 Los Angeles
His son  Oliver Arthur Clibborn born 24.1.1922 Cook Illinois Chicago died 19.4.2004 Kings Washington. I can't seem to find as marriage for Oliver Arthur. I noticed you said you live in New Zealand. who do you come from. Alan Courtnay, Eric Hollway or Charles Hovenden, they are all in my "Clibborn" tree. I live in NSW Australia.
Regards
Sandy Millhouse