Author Topic: 1901 Census  (Read 715 times)

Offline darkside

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1901 Census
« on: Wednesday 06 April 05 22:13 BST (UK) »
I have got a birth certificate of my G grandfather and it has given me his parents and i have searched FreeBMD to find a marriage for his parents and haven't managed to so they must of not put it on there yet and it would cost a bit on 1837online to go through all the years to try and find it so i think the easiest is to see if they are together in 1901 so i know what time period to look up.

They are
William Littlechild and Minnie Littlechild.

my G Grandfather was born in 1907 and i'm not sure if he is the oldest or not.

If anyone could look up to see if they together i would be greatful then i would know if i'm looking at the 1901-1906 period for a marriage or earlier.

Thanks

Matt

UPDATE: I have found they have put them on FreeBMD now they got married in 1891 so they should be on the 1901 together if anyone finds them i will be greatful.

Thanks

Matt
Current Family Interests:
Littlechild - Kent area
Gabriel - Kent/Sussex area
Sumner/Sumners - Kent/Sussex area

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 23:52 BST (UK) »
Where was your grandfather born, Matt, and where were his parents married?

Deboraj
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 05 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt, found the following in 1901

William Littlechild  28 m Head
Minnie Littlechild 27 m wife
Willie Littlechild 9, son
Flora Littlechild 7, dau
May Littlechild 5, dau
Richard Littlechild 2, son

all living at 4 Albian Square, Tunbridge Wells
all born in East Grinstead, Kent.
William's occupation Bricklayers labourer

Don't know if that's the right family or not but there weren't too many Minnie Littlechilds around!

tabitha
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline darkside

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 April 05 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hi tabitha

I think it is the right 1 i will only know 100% for sure when i get the marriage certificate for them to know it is them, but sounds likely it is them and at least it gives me something to go on.

Thanks

Matt
Current Family Interests:
Littlechild - Kent area
Gabriel - Kent/Sussex area
Sumner/Sumners - Kent/Sussex area