Author Topic: davies brickwalled, and hardly started!!  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: davies brickwalled, and hardly started!!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 13:25 BST (UK) »
Good find, Heather, on the 1891. It looks a strong possible. I had to pop out for a couple of hours and will be away again soon.

When was your grandfather born and what name is given for her on his birth cert?  (If he's still alive, please don't give his name here)

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 13:33 BST (UK) »
ok im the only one thats alive in my family line so im ok to post names etc etc

me
harry davies born 1949 manchester
harry davies born 1922 manchester it states on his wedding certificate that his father was callled harry davies, but when i got his birth certificate using the info from the death one i.e. his date of birth that his mum was called annie davies/jones/davies????? his father was thomas davies

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 13:58 BST (UK) »
I'm not really finding much at all - some possible births for the two girls on the N Wales BMD but they could be either Jones or Davies - and nothing at all on the marriages   :(

I think finding them on the 1911 is your priority.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline greenpaula

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've tried a slightly different tack looking at the possible family of Annie.
On 1901 census RG13/5237 folio 11 page 13
Lewis and Mary Davies are there in Abergele with daughter Mary Elizabeth, plus two other children Sarah Ellen and William, but no children Annie or Robert, which I think supports Heather's find.
Hoey, McLuskey - Scotland & Ireland. Eckersley, Rogerson - Lancashire. McGee - Ireland, Lancashire. Barnes - Bolton, Lancs

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 15:21 BST (UK) »
great minds think alike, however i cant find anything of annie davies/jones/davies on the 1911 at all now!!! i saw it honestly but i cant find them for love nor money now!!!

i was only in northwales2 weeks ago and went past abergele too after a weeks visit to anglesey to find that the records office there was closed for redecorating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could really do with some one up there to look upon me nicely for once over this family!!!!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 15:32 BST (UK) »
HI

Just been re-reading the thread:

you said:

the only part of that from the birth certificate info i have is that  bit about a stone quarryman, that is the occupation she gave for my grand fathers dad

I presume that this was Thomas/Harry Davies 

Was Annie the informant on the birth cert?

How did you search for the two girls on the 1911 - thinking about  you replicating - did you use Jones or Davies, etc.?

Gadget

Added - what did it say on her death cert about husbands?

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 15:49 BST (UK) »
HI

Just been re-reading the thread:

you said:

the only part of that from the birth certificate info i have is that  bit about a stone quarryman, that is the occupation she gave for my grand fathers dad

I presume that this was Thomas/Harry Davies 

the stone quarryman was on the wedding certificate for harry davies with harry davies being named as his dad - contary to what is on his birth certificate !!!!!

Was Annie the informant on the birth cert? yes with thomas being named on that as his father

How did you search for the two girls on the 1911 - thinking about  you replicating - did you use Jones or Davies, etc.?

i used the names of jones

Gadget

Added - what did it say on her death cert about husbands? i havent got her death cert as such - the info i have came via manchester councils web site that confirms who is in the grave and what there date of birth etc etc is

Offline bobdav999

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 April 11 22:17 BST (UK) »
yes i was just looking at that one again, the only part of that from the birth certificate info i have is that  bit about a stone quarryman, that is the occupation she gave for my grand fathers dad.

Our ancestors are also Davies and show as stone quarrymen - this is a popular occupation in these days unfotunately.  Wish i could help but we are in a similar situation to you as Davies is such a common name - wish they had something unusual like my wifes - Wishart :)  Good luck who knows somewhere our paths may cross.