Author Topic: Parents of John Wernham born 1806 Chieveley  (Read 15582 times)

Offline Old Mother Reilly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of John Wernham born 1806 Chieveley
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 September 11 17:13 BST (UK) »
Looks as if you have Wiltshire roots!  Without too much trouble you should be able to work out both John Wernham and Caroline Greens families as they both appear to come from All Cannings, Wiltshire. 

If you go here:

http://www.allcannings.org/

then click on the link to download the "births, marriages and deaths" file for All Cannings, then use your word processor to search for the surnames you want, you will be able to find relevant entries - including the transcription of the marriage register entry for John Werrnham and Caroline Green which will tell you the names and occupations of their fathers - so you can trace them back through on-line census data as well.
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)

Offline Pejic

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 September 11 12:27 BST (UK) »
Sorry I've nothing to add at the moment, but the "Notify Me" hasn't worked and I am separated from my (extensive) Wernham records, so I hope this post will kepp me in touch with the thread.
Richard Wernham (Berkshire 18th century),
William Hissey (1805 to 1813, Hampstead Norris),
Kapirin (Siberia 19th Century),
Kitching 1850,
Mary Howse born 1806 ish,
Chris Truelove marr. John Pocock 2-7-1696, Kintbury, Berks

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 September 11 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I may have things terribly wrong here, but I have John Wernham as born Snelsmore bapt 1801 Winterbourne of John and Elizabeth. John junior was marr to Eliza Darling 1804 Chievely with 9 children. 1806 seems to be a rounding figure of the 1841 census.
I don't have all the censuses but in 1851 he was definitely aged 50. His age at burial in 1876 was 74.  Eliza was buried in 1863.
Youngest dau Eliza Jane 1841- 1912 is my link. She married William Mercer 1837-1904, and their dau Sarah Ann Mercer 1862 married George Pike 1861, one of my kinsmen.
Yours
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Old Mother Reilly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 18:30 BST (UK) »
I think things are in danger of getting a little confused as this thread now has requests for information for two different John Wernhams.  Or is that just me?!  ;)

Vicwinnann: I'm glad you have the baptism of Joan's Berkshire John Wernham in Winterbourne.  It's good to have an answer to that one.

Lorraine:  How have you got on with your John Wernham/Caroline Green line?

Rachel
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)

Online familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 October 11 11:30 BST (UK) »
My interest here is the DARLING connection.  I will start a new thread.

Jane
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline wernham66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 January 12 14:17 GMT (UK) »
hi my great grandad was john wernham or known as jack my great gran is caroline green, i am their daughter eva wernhams grandaughter, i have a family tree that goes back to 1700 my name is rachel.

Offline wernham66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 09 January 12 14:22 GMT (UK) »
percy wernham was johns brother there farther was george and mother sarah newman. my family tree goes back to 1722 john wornam as spelt then who also married a sarah lol seems to be a family thing.

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 09 January 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello wernham66,
In case you don't know. If you want to get in touch with Lorraine (lorrainedacosta) who also seems to be part of this Wiltshire, rather than Berkshire,  Wernham link, then you can privately mail by clicking on the green scroll at the side of messages.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline wernham66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 09 January 12 17:26 GMT (UK) »
thank you, i only joined the group as i had nothing to do today and looked up wernham and noticed john and carloine green on here, so thought id better join and give a help lol thank you again and i will send her a message now