Author Topic: Jackman family of Bennettsbridge Kilkenny  (Read 13940 times)

Offline gnasher22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jackman family of Bennettsbridge Kilkenny
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 February 11 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Carmo, that is a big help, i have now checked the census for both years, there seems to have been a large number of this family all over kilkenny and more again in Wexford, i would love to find a link somewhere,
Thank you again.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 22:06 GMT (UK) »
John Martin Jackman; b.1800
Spouse; Maria Antonia Handley
-----------------
Margaret Jackman; b.1830
Spouse; James Harris; 15/3/1864 Perth
Spouse; George Walker; 30/8/1853 Perth
Parents; John Martin Jackman- Maria Antonia Jackman
-------------------
1901 Eng/Wales census;
Jackman Margaret; 30, wife, Kilkenny
Wellington Quay, St Pauls Northumberland
----------------------------
Marriage;
Jackman-Plunkett
On the 15th June, at Beaudesert, by Rev. J Enright, assisted by Rev. R. Walsh, Richard Joseph Jackman, second son of Michael Jackman Esq, Dunmore, Kilkenny Ireland, to Mary Magdalen, second dtr of Thomas Plunkett Esq, MLA Tambourine.
Brisbane Courier; 13/7/1899
------------------------
Jack

Offline gnasher22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 February 11 20:52 GMT (UK) »
thank you once again Jack, it seems as though a lot of irish people emigrated to Australia during the 1800's

Offline kathleenpuls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 February 11 03:36 GMT (UK) »
Jack - the Patrick R. Jackman (see attached picture) you posted, d. Emmetsburg, Iowa, Nov. 3, 1927 is my great grandfather. He was born in Leapstown, Muckalee parish, Co. Kilkenny ca. 1836. Leapstown is next to Dunmore. Patrick R.'s parents were Charles Jackman (1893 - ca. 1849 Leapstown) and Catherine Whelan - married in Radestown, Dunmore, Co. Kilkenny in 1827. Charles' parents were Michael Jackman from Cornwall to Ireland and Elizabeth Nowlan - they had 3 known children with located baptism records born in the Dunmore area of Co. Kilkenny - Martin bap. 1790, said Charles bap. 1793, and Anne bap. 1798.
   I am interested in the record you posted, as follows:
Marriage;
Jackman-Plunkett
On the 15th June, at Beaudesert, by Rev. J Enright, assisted by Rev. R. Walsh, Richard Joseph Jackman, second son of Michael Jackman Esq, Dunmore, Kilkenny Ireland, to Mary Magdalen, second dtr of Thomas Plunkett Esq, MLA Tambourine.
Brisbane Courier; 13/7/1899
________

There was a Michael Jackman family who lived in East Dumore and most likely is connected to my Jackman family who lived in Dunmore and Leapstown area. QUESTION: Are you descended from this Richard Joseph Jackman and Mary M. Plunkett, married in Australia?
Kathleen

Offline TJJ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Received email from one of my brother's this morning. Kathleen from Maryland searching for relatives of the Sandgate Jackman's...

We are descendants of Richard Jackman's (great grandsons to be exact).

Not sure of the Bennettsbridge history in Ireland... but might be onto something here....

FYI we are
Grandsons of Thomas Joseph
Sons of Thomas Stephen

Cheers,
TJJ

Offline Denisjackman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi annola,my name is Denis Jackman I am from Bennettsbridge co Kilkenny,my daughter seen your request today by accident really,my dad was John Jackman and his dad was Denis jackman,my dad lord rest him was also trying to complete his family tree going back to 1793, he has a Anastasia with a t kelly ,my great grandfather was also Denis Jackman born in 1861,married a Margaret lawlor in 1890,Anastasia I think would have been my grand dads sister,he has the family going back to Martin and ann Corcoran,their son Thomas died on a boat to Australia ,listen if you think I am the right branch just let me know and if I can help will ,could photograph my dads tree and message on ,happy new year kind regards Denis jackman

Offline gnasher22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello Denis, My name is john jackman, my father was Walter, my grandfather was also Walter, i can trace my tree back to Martin 1793 so we are related, i would love to get in touch with you but i think you have to post 3 messages before you can contact someone direct, i hope someone will correct me here. hope to connect soon.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Yes...one can not send a Private message after just 1 post. It is just a Security/Anti Spam measure. I think one needs 3 postings.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline annola

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 04 January 19 05:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Denis.......I don't think there is any connections with my Jackman Ancestors. Anastasia Jackman was born 1858 to Thomas Jackman (1816-1887) and Bridget Phelan/Whelan (1819-?). I can't find a Denis in my tree.  Two of Anastasias brothers came with her to Perth Western Australia in 1882. They were Walter Frederick (1855-1934) and Thomas (1865-1936). I have been able to trace their journey here in Perth but their other siblings in Kilkenny no.........Kind regards Nola