Author Topic: Edwin IBBOTSON  (Read 3460 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Edwin IBBOTSON
« on: Thursday 07 April 05 14:07 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace information regarding  the above who emigrated to canada sometime during the first half of the 20th century, and died in 1992. I know nothing of where he lived, whether he was married, had children etc, just that he was born in 1896 and that he later emigrated to canada. I doubt it is possible with such limited information, but if anyone can help.....

Many thanks

Martin
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin IBBOTSON
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Try posting all the details you do know here, include names dates, parents, sibblings, place of birth, anything you have.  The more snippets you have the better chance someone here may be able to help. 

Have you located the individual on the 1901 census?   If so include the details from there, it may help.

Do you know if he came to Canada alone or with his parents?

Hope with a bit more information someone willp be able to point you in the right direction.

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 April 05 14:08 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the tip Sue, I don't have much, but here's what there is:

Edwin IBBOTSON, born 20 January 1896, Brimington, Derbyshire, England. His father was Alfred IBBOTSON, his mother Sarah Ann JENKINSON. his parents married 21 March 1889.

Edwin, known as 'Ted' died in 1992. I have seen a photo of him taken in the UK in 1942, when he was serving in the forces, so my guess is he emigrated just after the war when demobbed. Thye 1901 Census shows him with his parents and three sisters, Jane, Nellie, and Enid, living at 46 Back st Brimington, Derbyshire.

Well thats the sum total.... not really a great deal to go on, but I am hoping that someone may have some ideas....

Thanks again

Martin
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

indiapaleale

« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 April 05 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Is it possible that your Edwin emigrated before WWI ?

On the Canadian Archives site, there is an Edwin Ibbotson listed as being in the Canadian Expiditionary Force in WWI. He, too was born in 1896 although the exact birth date doesn't match. But....I have my great uncle's attestation papers and his birth date is wrong too! Still, seems a  bit of a coincidence....might be worth a look

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/02010602_e.html

You can order the attestation papers over the internet

Cheers,
India

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 April 05 15:01 BST (UK) »
Anything's possible!

I really don't know, perhaps the photo I have seen is him in a canadian army uniform, but I do know he was in the uk at the time, perhaps because that was closer to the war!!!

I will check out your suggestion and keep my fingers crossed.

Many thanks

Martin