Author Topic: Alfred Slade  (Read 10530 times)

Offline gems2510

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Slade
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 July 11 18:20 BST (UK) »
I am not sure of Alfred's mother is yet.  I can give you details regarding Alfred and his sone John Henry Anthony Slade if you let me know what information you would like :)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 July 11 18:37 BST (UK) »
looking at one of your other threads..i can see that someone else is also researching this family,,,he alluded to service in the warwickshire regiment,,,he was correct,,,i think that person has his military service record. The record is available on the findmypast website. ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gems2510

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 July 11 18:44 BST (UK) »
brilliant thank you - do you have to pay for this website?

Offline dnslade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 01 July 11 19:17 BST (UK) »
No need to pay, I will send them to you.

Offline gems2510

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 July 11 19:19 BST (UK) »
Great my email address is (*) - thank you

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 01 July 11 23:10 BST (UK) »
seems you are already sorted with this,,,will leave you to dnslade capable hands  ;D
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bernadine123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 March 13 00:24 GMT (UK) »
My Grandfather was James Alfred Slade, he was Married to Muriel Blanch Hartley. They had four children Shirley, Joan, Jimmy and Jeanette, I think my Grandmother was a divorcee and had children from that marriage but they all stayed together as a family.
They came back to England in 1964, and went to live in Leeds. Grandma died after a few year's of trying to settle here, I think the weather was one of the coldest on record the year they came and she never got over her illness. Granddad worked all his life here then retired, Burradaddy  is what we would all call him died in1978 and is buried with Grandma in Leeds  Hunslet  Cemetery.

Offline keriloujo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 01:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, just found this site and I realise this topic is quite old, so may not get a reply..but here goes. It seems I am researching the same family line, my great great g.father is alfred william slade b.1879 london, he joined the r.w.r and went to India. His daughter rosa b.1906/7 married my great grandfather albert edward byford b.1901 who was in the rifle brigade in 1925 lucknow, their son Henry is my grandfather.

I have managed to trace alfred' s wife's parents who were duggan and then Carter and then carrick. But am stuck with finding James duggan's parents all I know is that his father was John.

I'm also having trouble finding my g.grandfather's attestation records, I have him in the UK 1901 & 1911 census (presuming it's the right one), did a check to see if he was born in india but nothing. From the birth details of his and rosa' s son in 1926 he was a warder at the detention barracks in lucknow, haven't be able to find any other siblings as yet. I have never met my grandfather to ask him all the questions I have.

Would be great to talk to others researching the same line  :)

Offline Kevin Tomkyns

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 02 October 16 06:48 BST (UK) »
To Bernadine.

I am your cousin Kevin Tomkyns son of Joan Rosa Tomkyns (nee Slade). I have been trying to contact Aunty Shirley and Aunty Jeanette to let them know of my mothers passing. I have since discovered that my Aunty Shirley has also passed. I would like to make contact with my cousins and remaining Aunt Jeanette. A quick search on the internet for Kevin Tomkyns will find my contact details from my business website or from VMX Sports website. Please make contact.

Regards,
             Kevin