Author Topic: George FROST also known as James  (Read 4411 times)

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George FROST also known as James
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 March 19 01:17 GMT (UK) »
I cannot see any evidence that George and Mary were together prior to 1847.  Susanna (born 1843) and James (born 1846) were both baptised in 1847.  From the NSW indexes, volume 64 tells me that these were Catholic baptisms.  It is possible that Susanna was not a child of both George and Mary.

Mary Donnelly  parents shows as father unknown and mother Katherine Lake, Katherine Lake turns out to be incorrect  her parent being   James Donnelly & Ellen Dunn   according to the deaths of Mary's two brothers

I see family trees on Ancestry which claim that Mary arrived on the Larne in 1841 with her brother John (parents James and Ellen).  That doesn't explain how daughter Catherine could be 7 months short of her 100th birthday in 1939.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/98610887

Perhaps Catherine was George's daughter, not Mary's.  I notice her obit says that she was native to Windsor.

.......prior to Mary's marriage to George she had Kathrine FROSTwith James Frost

Where do you see mention of James FROST as Catherine's father?

Is this Mary DONNELLY's death?

COUDREN , MARY  (CONDREN)
1542/1900
Mother: MARGARET
GOSFORD

If so then the certificate of her 1883 marriage to Patrick CONDREN would be a much more reliable way of finding her parents' names.

Debra  :)