Author Topic: William Wainright Lynar and Isabella Semple  (Read 10621 times)

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Wainright Lynar and Isabella Semple
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 20 January 11 04:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Axlehurn,
I was very interested to hear of the possible existance of a wife for Rev William King Lynar and a child. Have you been able to confirm the record with familysearch?
I am descended from the brother of Sir William Wainwright Fawcett Lynar and I have researched the family tree a few generations further up.
Siblings of Rev William include Rowland (also seen spelt Roland) Lynar and Capt. Edward Alexander Fawcett Lynar.
Do you know if Roland Lynar married and had any children? I have found an Alfred Lynar of Belfast in the 1901 census aged 43 which would put his dob around 1857. Alfred had a son Roland which makes me think there may be a connection.
Ion
Lynar: Dublin/Wicklow
Fawcett: Dublin
Mills, Mills King: Dublin
Semple: Dublin
Exshaw: Dublin
Duggan: Dublin
Heatley: Bray
Sparks: Greenwich London
Merrick : London

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 20 January 11 10:00 GMT (UK) »
The content of the will can now be viewed online, but there is no mention of a daughter:

http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearchImage.aspx?id=163366
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline axlehurn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 January 11 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Have not looked at this for some time, and will need to dig out my records, but from memory he was listed as her father on her marriage record.  Mother was not listed.  I will get back to you soon as I can dig out the record

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 January 11 01:17 GMT (UK) »
I have found another William Lynar who may have been the father of Olivia. This William Lynar is mentioned in Freemans Journal & Daily Commercial Advertizer Sat Nov 13 1858 under the heading Insolvent Debtors. He once resided at Lower Georges St Kingstown Co Dublin and was a Victualler which probably meant he sold grog. Sir William Wrainwright Fawcett Lynar once resided in Kingstown for a short time but he died in 1845. I do not believe that William the victualler was Sir William's son.
It is more likely I feel after reading William King Lynar's will that he had not married. It would be unusual to provide for ones mother and not mention a wife and daughter in the will. Also Isabella his mother died a few weeks prior to her sons death and the memorial to them says erected by a "few friends". No mention of wife and child.
Ion
Lynar: Dublin/Wicklow
Fawcett: Dublin
Mills, Mills King: Dublin
Semple: Dublin
Exshaw: Dublin
Duggan: Dublin
Heatley: Bray
Sparks: Greenwich London
Merrick : London