Author Topic: Ann Cherry, Hartlepool  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Cherry, Hartlepool
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 October 10 06:35 BST (UK) »
Thomas Cherrey married Ann Burgon 1877 J/A/S Hartlepool

note the E before y ,

parents James and Margaret Burgon, in the census it says born Hartlepool ,but the rest of the family are born Berwick so I suspect Ann was born there to J/F/M  1856

Or she is the daughter of Henry and Jane Burgon who were also from Berwick both families are in Hartlepool 1861,census
IGNORE THIS POSTING I TRIED TO DELETE IT,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 October 10 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff
Why did you want to delete your post?  I thought it was a brilliant piece of detective work and there is a marriage on freeBMD with those names too.
Andrea
PS You can change a post by clicking the "Modify" button then click "save"

Offline hpool

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 October 10 11:43 BST (UK) »
the marriage was at a catholic or non-conformist church or register office in hartlepool or west hartlepool.

hpool

Offline jackmagique

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 14:47 BST (UK) »
thanks for all of this, I think the deleted post if actually really useful.  My search was for my friend Diane of Hartlepool who has now registered so she will take this forward.
Bounced Emails

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 15:11 BST (UK) »
Good,Iam glad its usefull
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Alibell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 25 January 19 22:11 GMT (UK) »
I appreciate this post is old however can help - though you may now have all the answers you need. Ann Cherry was my great great grandmother. She was indeed born with the surname Burgon, in Berwick on Tweed - in a place called The Greens in Berwick. If you get to go there, there’s a little pub with loads of Burgon information in it. They were fishermen and the Burgons were also part of the lifeboat crew and the lighthouse keepers too. Ann Cherry had a daughter also called Annie who married Joseph Nelson Dawson in Hartlepool. They are one set of my paternal great grandparents and I know a lot about the Cherry’s and Burgons and do have some photographs. Let me know if you need anything else.