Author Topic: TOMKINSON Family.....Charlotte, Frank, Dorothy.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline CelticLament

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TOMKINSON Family.....Charlotte, Frank, Dorothy.
« on: Saturday 02 October 10 17:46 BST (UK) »
Charlotte Tomkinson born 1862 in Shrewsbury Had two children by unidentified father.(Frank born 1894 & Dorothy born 1899)
Dorothy was possible Dorothy Mary Tomkinson.
It is possible that Dorothy died around 1976 so there could be living relatives out there. Is she on another tree?
Any info please....... :)
Tomkinson (Shrewsbury). Tonkin (Cornwall). Chapple (North Devon & Swansea). Westacott (North Devon & Swansea).  WW2 Tank Landing Craft LCT 700.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TOMKINSON Family.....Charlotte, Frank, Dorothy.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 October 10 23:27 BST (UK) »
They are not on my tree but it seems you are a little out with birth dates

Frank Tomkinson birth reg Dec qtr 1893
Dorothy mary Sept qtr 1898
both reg Atcham

you can look them up on FreeBMD

Did Dorothy Mary marry William J Rogers??

(1911 index can be searched free and Dorothy is Dorothy Mary )

by the way you have not replied to the request you made re Rachel Sharpley

You have had several replies
If you do not reply then we are not reminded to look further - and we do not know if we are on the right track. So its best to reply even if it is just a Thank you ,- and then when you have the information you are looking for you can mark the post "completed"

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CelticLament

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TOMKINSON Family.....Charlotte, Frank, Dorothy.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 October 10 01:59 BST (UK) »
Very sorry 'S'. I must apologise for not replying to your post. I am determined to get used to the way that the Forum works.
My Grandfather was born on 29th August 1893 and his sister in 1898. Both in Atcham, Parish of St. Mary.
Dorothy did marry Wm.J. Rogers. So far I cannot find any further info as they married in 1925 and I don't know where to search next. I'm afraid age is catching me up.
Thank you again for your help.
Lyn
Tomkinson (Shrewsbury). Tonkin (Cornwall). Chapple (North Devon & Swansea). Westacott (North Devon & Swansea).  WW2 Tank Landing Craft LCT 700.